For Sale Free: Anti Fatigue Mats - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 10 Old 04-20-2012, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
Over the hills n far away

View Ledhead's Photo Album My Photos
Free: Anti Fatigue Mats

My wife is the President / COO of a family owned Beauty Salon business in the St. Louis area. She is replacing all of the hydraulic chairs and anti-fatigue mats in one of her salons. She said I could have any / all of the old mats. There are 51 mats that will become available sometime in May.
I cannot use all 51, at most I could use 5 - 10. I'd hate to throw the rest away without offering them up for free to the fine members of this forum.

As far as condition. She has given me one before because it was torn (see photo). I don't think the rest are torn or I would already have them in my shop. As you can see in the photos, the hydraulic hairdresser chair leaves a depression in the mat.

If there is any interest, reply in thread or PM me. If no interest, I'll probably list them on CL for free or as a last resort throw them away.

So here's the terms:
local pickup for anyone in the area - just come and get what you want
anyone else would have to pay for shipping - I'm assuming the "new" ones will come in a box of some sort that I could re-use, then I don't know what USPS or UPS would charge
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AntiFatigue_3.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	43381  

Name:	AntiFatigue_4.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	43382  

Name:	AntiFatigue_5.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	43383  

Dale
Wentzville, MO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 04-20-2012, 08:02 PM
No Longer Here, BY CHOICE

View BassBlaster's Photo Album My Photos
I'd be interested in one for in front of the lathe if the shipping isnt too bad.

RRBrown, knottscott and many others were banned, they didn't just leave. They were banned for standing up to the new owners that are destroying this site. Come join us all at woodworking chat, the best new woodworking site on the net!!
post #3 of 10 Old 04-21-2012, 12:22 AM

View TxDade's Photo Album My Photos
I would be interested in one also if shipping isn't too bad. Would be nice in front of the lathe.

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 04-21-2012, 06:16 AM
Old School

View cabinetman's Photo Album My Photos
That's a very generous offer and the price can't be beat. If I wanted one, shipping cost is expected. With the smooth finish, keeping clean would be easy. Thanks for the offer...you get a

post #5 of 10 Old 04-21-2012, 11:20 AM Thread Starter

Great, a couple takers already.

Dale
Wentzville, MO
post #6 of 10 Old 04-21-2012, 12:10 PM
Woodbarter Mod

View ripjack13's Photo Album My Photos
doh....I actually just went out and bought one last week. Ive been rollin on it with my stool so it's not returnable. Had I know about this sooner, I surely 'wood' have jumped on it.

Thanx for the offer though.

Woodbarter.com Moderator......and love it.
post #7 of 10 Old 04-21-2012, 05:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripjack13 View Post
doh....I actually just went out and bought one last week. Ive been rollin on it with my stool so it's not returnable. Had I know about this sooner, I surely 'wood' have jumped on it.

Thanx for the offer though.
No problem.

Wouldn't surprise me to find that it's cheaper to buy something somewhere than ship these mats.

I went to harbor freight today to pick up caster wheels and saw that they have a 4pak of the anti-fatigue interlocking squares (16 sq ft?) for pretty cheap - $12.99 maybe?

So there you have it.

Dale
Wentzville, MO
post #8 of 10 Old 04-21-2012, 10:00 PM

View diywoodworker's Photo Album My Photos
http://www.harborfreight.com/4-piece...set-94635.html

That is the HF mat. Definitely less than shipping will be. Thank you for the generous offer though.

--Mike

Check out my blog at www.diywoodworker.com
post #9 of 10 Old 04-22-2012, 10:05 AM

View Mnatco's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledhead
My wife is the President / COO of a family owned Beauty Salon business in the St. Louis area. She is replacing all of the hydraulic chairs and anti-fatigue mats in one of her salons. She said I could have any / all of the old mats. There are 51 mats that will become available sometime in May.
I cannot use all 51, at most I could use 5 - 10. I'd hate to throw the rest away without offering them up for free to the fine members of this forum.

As far as condition. She has given me one before because it was torn (see photo). I don't think the rest are torn or I would already have them in my shop. As you can see in the photos, the hydraulic hairdresser chair leaves a depression in the mat.

If there is any interest, reply in thread or PM me. If no interest, I'll probably list them on CL for free or as a last resort throw them away.

So here's the terms:
local pickup for anyone in the area - just come and get what you want
anyone else would have to pay for shipping - I'm assuming the "new" ones will come in a box of some sort that I could re-use, then I don't know what USPS or UPS would charge
I'm interested!
Are they all semi-circles? And what are the dimensions? I'm in Northeastern Ohio, so give me your zip and approximate weight of the mats and Ill 'figure shipping.
Yours
Mick Natco
[email protected]
post #10 of 10 Old 08-22-2012, 03:59 PM Thread Starter

For an update on this incase anyone was waiting / wondering. . .

We finished the salon remodel in Mid June.
My wife ended up offering the hydraulic chairs to the hairdressers for them to take home. They also took the floor mats.
After all was said and done, I was left with about 3 or 4 mats, so there was no surplus available.

Dale
Wentzville, MO

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode