Woodworking Video on TV - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 5 Old 12-03-2006, 10:09 PM Thread Starter

View Osage's Photo Album My Photos
Woodworking Video on TV

We are looking at adding a satellite TV of some sort and I'm wondering which one has the best woodworking shows.

Currently we have mediacom and they only have the Router Workshop and Yankee Workshop. I've heard there are others just as good and perhaps better.

From what I see, it looks like my choices are Direct TV or DishNetwork.

I'm hoping someone on this board can provide some accurate information on the best choices of woodworking videos.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-04-2006, 12:01 AM

View radar67's Photo Album My Photos
I have Direct TV and have had it since its inseption. As for specific woodworking shows, I only occasionally get a chance to watch. (2 daughters and a wife doesn't leave much time for my selection of programing) :icon_wink: The DIY Network has the most shows. I watch a woodturning program, musical instrument making program, and a furniture program on Saturday nights when I have time. The Home and Garden channel also has some good programing on remoldeling and such. Check out Direct TV's website and you can see the programing guide and make your own call. I am very satisfied with my programing choices.
post #3 of 5 Old 12-04-2006, 12:27 AM

View alexfranke's Photo Album My Photos
I vote for DIY -- I'm glued to it whenever I'm at my in-law's. Their website at http://www.diynetwork.com/ has full-length videos of some of their woodworking shows for free -- I think 2-3 new ones every week, including Wood Works, which is probably my favorite. Browse to Woodworking, then to "More Exclusive Videos".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 12-04-2006, 12:29 AM Thread Starter

View Osage's Photo Album My Photos
Thanks for the quick reply. It looks like the DIY channel is the one I've heard about.

We currently have Mediacom and my wife nearly lives on the HGTV channel. Unfortunately, Mediacom doesn't carry the DIY channel. We are looking at moving in the next few months and the new place doesn't have cable as an option. So I guess we'll either do without or go to a dish of some sort.

You are correct on the lack of availability to the TV. We currently have a DVR and that has changed my habits. I don't worry when anyone else wants to watch TV. i just set it up to record what I want to see and then watch it later. The other part of that is that I don't watch commericals anymore - just fast forward right through them.
post #5 of 5 Old 12-04-2006, 11:00 AM

View radar67's Photo Album My Photos
We bypassed the commercial while in Germany for 3 years. My Mom would record the shows on VCR and send them to us once a month. We didn't get anything on the TV except German channels.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode