Win a 3 hp sawstop T/S - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 17 Old 07-27-2010, 07:25 PM Thread Starter

View Itchy Brother's Photo Album My Photos
Win a 3 hp sawstop T/S

Woodcraft is advertising online for winning a couple of sawstop cabinet saws if anyone is interested!I received the email on it today.Also they say you can get your name or whatever engraved on a tool for free on July 27,28,and 29th,plus $15 off anything over $75.Itchy

***For the record*** Ive made hundreds of guitar bodies,never put one together and cant play a note.

Last edited by Itchy Brother; 07-27-2010 at 07:30 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Itchy Brother For This Useful Post:
deweys (07-29-2010), sdkidaho (07-29-2010)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 07-27-2010, 08:57 PM
No Longer Here

View rrbrown's Photo Album My Photos
Thanks Itchy I can use one of those. Could have used it like 99 days ago more.
post #3 of 17 Old 07-27-2010, 10:19 PM

View Chippin-in's Photo Album My Photos
Thanks Itchy, I just registered about an hour or so ago so I'll prolly have a table saw for real soon when I get my new Sawstop

God made us from dust, but all we can do is make dust.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 07-27-2010, 11:08 PM

View beelzerob's Photo Album My Photos
Thumbs up for Sawstop and Woodcraft. (and the thumbs are still attached too)

I just got the 1.75 contractor saw from them. To give me free shipping, the owner of the store (and 2 other woodcrafts) drove it to my house from Harrisburg....about a 3 hour round trip.

He then called back a few days later to make sure everything was ok. Turns out it wasn't....the zero clearance insert had a small crack in it, the belt guard didn't look like it was at the correct angle to the saw, and the cast iron wings I ordered had spot rust on them.

He's ordered the replacement wings for me, and then had sawstop contact me directly about the insert and belt guard. The belt guard was correct....just looked funny because the blade was all the way down. And sawstop is going to send me a new zero clearance insert, one from the industrial saw line (phenolic) instead of the plastic one I had, and I keep the cracked one.

I'm quite pleased with the helpfulness, responsiveness, and eagerness of woodcraft AND sawstop.

I'll post pics when I get it all together...I'm debating now waiting until I have the wings to continue (thats the step I'm on) or continuing with the steel wings and then replacing them when the new iron ones come in....
post #5 of 17 Old 07-27-2010, 11:28 PM Thread Starter

View Itchy Brother's Photo Album My Photos
RRBrown,You've got 9 1/2 more chances to stop the mayhem after that whats the use.Are ya getting used to missing the finger?Hope your doing ok! Itchy

***For the record*** Ive made hundreds of guitar bodies,never put one together and cant play a note.
post #6 of 17 Old 07-28-2010, 01:35 AM
No Longer Here

View rrbrown's Photo Album My Photos
Hey Itchy It healed up pretty good but still have swelling that prevents full movement and it hurt like you know what if I bump it no matter how soft. They say had I left about a 1/4" more finger I would be allot better off. They should have told me that earlier. I Started therapy about 2 weeks ago and it helps some but there's not enough finger left to work with to be able to get good results. They are making it up as we go.

I've got typing down for the most part so that's good. Well I'm almost back to my normal bad typing anyway.

Thanks for asking
post #7 of 17 Old 07-29-2010, 01:08 AM

View sdkidaho's Photo Album My Photos
Thanks for the heads-up - very nice of you. :)

I have all 10 fingers <knock on wood>
post #8 of 17 Old 07-29-2010, 02:26 AM

View JohnK007's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrbrown View Post
Thanks Itchy I can use one of those. Could have used it like 99 days ago more.
Rich it's been 99 days already?? Doesn't seem that long ago. Hope you're feeling better and getting along alright. Your positive attitude through that awful ordeal has been an inspiration.
post #9 of 17 Old 07-29-2010, 04:41 AM
The village amadán.

View Mr Mac's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chippin-in View Post
Thanks Itchy, I just registered about an hour or so ago so I'll prolly have a table saw for real soon when I get my new Sawstop
Don't advertise yours for sale just yet! I'll let you know how well that big ole saw looks in my garage!

Woodcraft

But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy. James 3:17
post #10 of 17 Old 07-29-2010, 09:11 AM

View Shadoglare's Photo Album My Photos
I just took a peek at the rules and it says "Entries must be received between Aug 1, 2010 and Oct 31, 2010".... Does that mean they're being sneaky and dumping all of the entries received before August?
The Following User Says Thank You to Shadoglare For This Useful Post:
deweys (07-29-2010)
post #11 of 17 Old 07-29-2010, 10:22 AM

View deweys's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadoglare View Post
I just took a peek at the rules and it says "Entries must be received between Aug 1, 2010 and Oct 31, 2010".... Does that mean they're being sneaky and dumping all of the entries received before August?
Wow, good catch. I emailed customer service to ask that question. I'll report back with their response.
post #12 of 17 Old 07-29-2010, 10:29 AM
where's my table saw?

View woodnthings's Photo Album My Photos
Check this out

Shadoglare,
This is a link to sign up: http://www.woodcraft.com/contests/sa...ger-saver.aspx
It only gives an end date, in the box on the left. I can't find the "rules"
you are referring to? bill

The answer to your question will only be as detailed and specific as the question is detailed and specific. Good questions also include a sketch or a photo that illustrates your issue. (:< D)

Last edited by woodnthings; 07-29-2010 at 10:32 AM.
post #13 of 17 Old 07-29-2010, 10:35 AM

Rules are at this link http://www.woodcraft.com/images/site...r_%20Rules.pdf

Section 2.
post #14 of 17 Old 07-29-2010, 10:44 AM
where's my table saw?

View woodnthings's Photo Album My Photos
Whoa!

[quote=deweys;144174]Rules are at this link http://www.woodcraft.com/images/site...r_%20Rules.pdf

These should be on the entry page, if they are going to hold the start date as Aug 1, 2010! This ain't right in my opinion. Then they say onlt ONE entry per household. Does this mean if you entered before their start date you are disqualified? Thanks for pointing this out. Any lawyers listening out there? bill

The answer to your question will only be as detailed and specific as the question is detailed and specific. Good questions also include a sketch or a photo that illustrates your issue. (:< D)
post #15 of 17 Old 07-29-2010, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodnthings View Post
These should be on the entry page, if they are going to hold the start date as Aug 1, 2010!
It is actually, in the "fine print"! On the left below the prize list there's "Woodcraft Promise". The link to the rules is in there.
post #16 of 17 Old 07-29-2010, 11:02 AM

Woodcraft has some very fast customer service I have to say. Anyway, here's the official response on pre-Aug 1st internet contest entries.

------------------------------------------

Thank you for your email. We have talked to our Marketing Department and they confirmed the entries who have entered will be accepted without any problems regardless of entering prior to the beginning date.

We apologize for any inconvenience and please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Thanks,
Amy Bell
Woodcraft Customer Service
post #17 of 17 Old 07-29-2010, 11:31 AM

View Chippin-in's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Mac View Post
Don't advertise yours for sale just yet! I'll let you know how well that big ole saw looks in my garage!

Woodcraft

Nice....But I dont think so

God made us from dust, but all we can do is make dust.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode