Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Montgomery Village, Maryland
Probably not practical, but you did ask:
1) Windows. Lots of Windows. When you think you are done, add more windows. I work in the basement and long for natural light.
2) Wooden floors with dust collection and electric access for tools from below. I'm not thinking prefinished or plywood/osb, but good flooring to hold all that iron you are going to move in, and to go easy on your knees.
3) Hanging outlets from the ceiling at various points.
4) A shop dog, or cat if you are so inclined.
5) Fireproof cabinet for solvents and finishes.
6) An alarm/massive lock so bad guys won't make off with your beer fridge.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.