I agree 100% with John above:
* Treated lumber can look like ordinary lumber. Treated lumber is not always green. If you are not sure, do not use it.
* Do not use construction lumber for food safe projects
like cutting boards, spoons, etc.
The most popular woods for cutting boards are probably maple, cherry, and walnut. Hard maple is common, especially for end grain cutting boards.
Avoid softwoods like pine, because they are too soft, and the resins can impart flavors to your food. Avoid open grain woods with pores that can trap food and bacteria, like red oak.
Some woods can trigger allergic reactions. Exotic hardwoods may do it. I have seen discussions about nut-bearing trees and nut allergies. Cross-allergies between nuts and the related woods in finished products seem to be rare, but do your own research.
Some woods are considered mildly toxic, such as purpleheart. I have seen people use them in cutting boards anyway. I wouldn't.
This article and chart are overly detailed. The focus is more on sawdust allergies from woodworking. They do mention several woods that can cause nausea or worse: