Woodworking Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What did you do today? (Part One)

377K views 3K replies 264 participants last post by  John Smith_inFL 
#1 ·
It will be nice to share what woodworking we do on a daily basis.

So I would be interested in knowing what you did today?

On my side, today I cut 8 tenons for a lawn bench project I am working on. Tomorrow I plan to cut matching mortises, and fit with dowels.

Thanks for sharing your work!:smile3:

#10 ·
Jig_saw said:
Ditto. I too hate working on cars and avoid chores such as oil changes until it is really, really necessary.:thumbsup:
I'm down to a car and a truck. I found the most expensive way to get free oil changes is buy new cars with an extended maintenance warranty.
The other thing I've been told is the most expensive way to get your laundry done is to stay married.
Actually I'm well kept. She retired and then went back to work because she doesn't have hobbies except for shopping.
I retired and took up the hobby of buying tools.....

#11 ·
Steve Neul said:
Weekends is when I work on my cars since the town I live in doesn't have a competent mechanic. I really hate working on cars but somebody has to do it.
I had to do a brake job on my truck today. My joints hurt after doing it, and I'm not NEARLY as old as some dudes on this forum.

No WWing for me today either, chores and the Father/Daughter dance tonight.

#12 · (Edited)
woodworking?

It will be nice to share what woodworking we do on a daily basis.

Thanks for sharing your work!:smile3:
Nothing so far, but it's only 4:30 PM................... :surprise2:

I did plow a lot of snow, shoveled a lot of snow into two different size tractor buckets, bought an auto-darkening welding helmet for my son and paid for breakfast..... not a current photo, but you get the idea. The tractor is the same, but the snow is not.

Attachments

#24 ·
Nothing so far, but it's only 4:30 PM................... :surprise2:

I did plow a lot of snow, shoveled a lot of snow into two different size tractor buckets, bought an auto-darkening welding helmet for my son and paid for breakfast..... not a current photo, but you get the idea. The tractor is the same, but the snow is not.

Tractor looks nice. What model is it?

We don't get snow here so no problem working outdoors even in winters.:smile3:

#16 ·
I had my monthly woodturners club meeting today, so that took most of the day. Then I visited with a friend at his shop that I hadn't seen in 6-8 months. It was a great visit. After my wife suffered a heart attack last Sat (she's 43 BTW), I have started doing some reflecting and prioritizing. Its funny how that happens... Then I came home and made a gameplay for tomorrow. Its supposed to be high 60's again, so it'll be great to work in the shop with the garage door open.

#17 ·
I cut materials for 6 wall cabinets for my mother's craft room. 15" x 44" x 15". Made them from 1/2" birch with 3/4" poplar face frames. Solid backs with rabbeted back sides and dados for the top and bottom. Glued and stapled the first one as a prototype but laid the rest out and painted. Tomorrow they get assembled. Will cut 3/4 melamine for the shelves and maybe hang them if I'm not too tired.

My body hurts from standing on concrete all day.

#20 ·
Today I started a major remodel project on our master bath. I tore out a perfectly good shower today. Hey, it was "outdated". So, I'm on it.
I need to keep the wife off Pintrest. Too many remodeling ideas.

Reactions: Willy-N
#27 ·
Finished up this nice little hollow form that I rough turned a few months ago. Wood is spalted red sycamore. Also roughed out 2 more bowls and put them up to dry. Big pile of shavings from the lathe = a good Sunday afternoon

Attachments

#30 · (Edited)
Today I ruined all of the pine 1x4x8's I bought trying to make a train table for my sons. I tried to make a support beam underneath via mortise and tenon (first time ever trying to make a m&t) -- failed miserably at that. Then tried to cut eight 18" legs for the table on my table saw. You'd think that would be easy but nooo, I actually botched that too when I tried to clamp them all together and cut them so they'd all be the exact same length. Failure of a day. I hate being a noob at woodworking. Such an easy project and I utterly botched it by trying to do fancy joinery and not having the correct tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.