Thoughts on this saw? - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 6 Old 01-19-2013, 06:13 PM Thread Starter

View PharmD's Photo Album My Photos
Thoughts on this saw?

What do you think about this? Is it a good deal?

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218...lpid=1&search=
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-19-2013, 06:33 PM

View Dave Paine's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmD View Post
What do you think about this? Is it a good deal?

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218...lpid=1&search=
This 22124 was my first table saw. I purchased in 2005 shortly after this came out.

It is a good saw. The Biesemeyer fence is the best feature.

110V, 1 3/4HP motor. I wanted a larger motor as my projects evolved to thicker stock of dense woods. I ended up passing mine onto my best friend and he loves it.

I think the seller is asking a lot for the package. Decent package. I am not sure what this would go for in your area.

This is the equivalent saw being sold by Sears. Showing at $941. This does not have the Biesemeyer fence.

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-profe...8&blockType=G8
post #3 of 6 Old 01-20-2013, 01:07 AM
Sawdust Creator

View ryan50hrl's Photo Album My Photos
It's a very good saw, I'd try to be in the 800 range for the whole package, but none the less a good quality saw.

The tools don't make the craftsman....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 01-20-2013, 04:36 AM

View mattk8715's Photo Album My Photos
I have (had) that table saw, I purchased it about 2 years ago. The motor got weak after running it for about a year. Thank goodness I bought the extended warranty. They couldn't get a replacement motor so they refunded my money. IMO, for the money, get a General. Just my $.02

beer me
post #5 of 6 Old 01-20-2013, 12:53 PM

View Bill White's Photo Album My Photos
I may be a bit biased, but "Craftsman" and "Professional" terms used together when describing today's power tools just don't mean much to me.
The saw comes with some great accessories, but I'd be somewhat leery about the saw itself.
Bill
post #6 of 6 Old 01-20-2013, 01:18 PM
Sawdust Wrangler

View mobilepaul's Photo Album My Photos
I'm a little late to the party, here, but I will throw my 2 cents in. You have not really stated what you are looking for in a saw. Do you want 110 or 220, do you need it to roll around, etc? Is that saw local to you? More info needed! Hard to put value for dollars spent without some backstory, in my opinion. For the same money you could have a very nice used professional saw in the delta or powermatic range. Heck, for another 500 or so, you could have a brand new sawstop contractor saw. He does offer a good many "extras" but, unless you feel you will need them, they are just lipstick on a yada yada yada. I have no doubt that this saw is probably a decent saw, especially with the addons, but 1K is steep.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode