Terminology - Page 2 - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum
Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 23 Old 05-24-2010, 12:22 AM
Senior Member
Lola Ranch's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Central Washington State
Posts: 1,389
View Lola Ranch's Photo Album My Photos
"Roof Reduction"

When referring to the ceiling of an upstairs room that is cut short on one side or more by an intersecting roof plane I've always called it "roof reduction". I have know idea where I first heard the term.

Lola Ranch is offline  
Sponsored Links
post #22 of 23 Old 05-24-2010, 12:43 AM
Senior Member
JohnK007's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Downers Grove, Illinois
Posts: 1,524
View JohnK007's Photo Album My Photos
In the architectural floor plans I've looked at it's usually referred to as a "ceiling clip".
JohnK007 is offline  
post #23 of 23 Old 05-24-2010, 07:50 PM
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 31
View unisawyer's Photo Album My Photos
Coffered ceiling?
unisawyer is offline  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:


Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
need help with terminology about turning phinds Woodturning 5 06-01-2009 09:52 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome