Take A Break - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 5 Old 04-01-2013, 02:39 AM Thread Starter

View carpenter1's Photo Album My Photos
Take A Break

It is good to take a periodic break from your project. It gives you time to think through your next steps, clean up and to check your cuts. Also a break is a safety tool. if you are tied, it is time to close the door and call it a day. Good craftsmanship is not something you can rush. so make up your mind to take your time.
The Following User Says Thank You to carpenter1 For This Useful Post:
FrankC (04-02-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-01-2013, 06:18 PM
Cowboy up and do just it

View vursenbach's Photo Album My Photos
True, so why mention it in a thread of its own? Are you looking for other's opinion on your statement? Do you want clarification on when you should take a break? Are you wanting to know others take their beak? Some people make a living by their woodworking skills, are you saying they need to take a break even though their shift is not over? Are you saying that you were woodworking and felt as though you needed a break for safety reasons? I'm just confused as to why a new thread should be started with a simple statement like this when almost everyone is bound to agree and nothing more than the simple statement.

Sent from my iPhone using Wood Forum

Typed from iPhone, please forgive the fat fingers
post #3 of 5 Old 04-01-2013, 06:23 PM

View mengtian's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by vursenbach View Post
True, so why mention it in a thread of its own? Are you looking for other's opinion on your statement? Do you want clarification on when you should take a break? Are you wanting to know others take their beak? Some people make a living by their woodworking skills, are you saying they need to take a break even though their shift is not over? Are you saying that you were woodworking and felt as though you needed a break for safety reasons? I'm just confused as to why a new thread should be started with a simple statement like this when almost everyone is bound to agree and nothing more than the simple statement.

It's not bad to voice something. Just like safety. The more it is hammered home, the more one is likley to follow it. Maybe somebody reading this will realize it is better to relax and think about his project before continuing when tired and possibly ruining it.

Wood magazine just had an article about not working when tired and forcing it.

BTW: I am taking a break right now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 04-01-2013, 06:27 PM
Cowboy up and do just it

View vursenbach's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by mengtian

BTW: I am taking a break right now!
LOL

I agree with you. I was just confused as to why . . .

; ).

Typed from iPhone, please forgive the fat fingers
post #5 of 5 Old 04-01-2013, 11:34 PM

View rrbell's Photo Album My Photos
Hmmmmm, I was taking a break but after this reminder I think I will stop and have a break. I guess if a person was concentrating too much on their break it could lead to your attention drifting off and creating a safety hazard...........................or something! 8=)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode