Table saw - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 10 Old 07-12-2020, 03:30 PM Thread Starter

View nielswitlox227's Photo Album My Photos
Table saw

Hey guys, here I am again.

This time I need some advice on buying a table saw. I've been looking around the internet and I think the Metabo ts254 m is the best option for me. The price is great, the saw can cut up to 80 millimetres deep and has quite a big table. The only big downside is the cut capacity of only 520 millimetres. What do you guys think of this saw?

I recently came across the Bosch GTS 635-216. The spect of this saw look quite nicely. It still has 70 millimetres cutting depth and a better cut capacity 635 mm. The problem is that I can't find much reviews or demonstration videos of this saw. The content that is out there is in German (and I'm Dutch). So I was wondering if anybody could help me with this.

I know lots of people are a big fan of DeWalt table saws, but the (cheapest) Dewalt DWE7485 is a bit small and does not has as much capacity as the two saws above. And it does not seem to have any extraordinary features or anything.

It might help for u guys to what I'm looking for, so here it is:

I want an accurate (particularly the fence) saw witch at much capacity as possible. It does not need a base since I am planning on intergrading it into my new workbench. And I don't want to pay much more than €500 ($565) for it.

I hope you guys can give me some advice so I don't make the wrong investment. I would really appreciate it!

Greetings from the Netherlands,

Niels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 07-12-2020, 04:18 PM

View furnacefighter15's Photo Album My Photos
Ive been very happy with the Delta Model #36-725T2

Not sure its available in the Netherlands, or if there would be a different model number for a metric version.

I paid around 600 US dollars for it new, so not far out of your budget.

30" right rip capacity, will run dado blades, etc...
Zero clearance and dado throat plates are available, and the fence has a secindary swing down fence for small work.

The blade that came with it was not the best, but I doubt any saw in the price range comes with a bad ass blade.

I did not install the base it comes with, cause I did the same as you plan with yours and integrated into a table.

I have no experience with the saws you mentioned, but my last saw was a Hitachi and they are now Metabo HTP or whatever the not metal working division of Metabo is being called. I did like that saw, but it only had a 24" right rip capacity, and I like the fence on the Delta much better.

The saw also lends itself well to add a integrated router table in the extension wing

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Dave H
post #3 of 10 Old 07-12-2020, 05:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by furnacefighter15 View Post
Ive been very happy with the Delta Model #36-725T2

Not sure its available in the Netherlands, or if there would be a different model number for a metric version.

I paid around 600 US dollars for it new, so not far out of your budget.

30" right rip capacity, will run dado blades, etc...
Zero clearance and dado throat plates are available, and the fence has a secindary swing down fence for small work.

The blade that came with it was not the best, but I doubt any saw in the price range comes with a bad ass blade.

I did not install the base it comes with, cause I did the same as you plan with yours and integrated into a table.

I have no experience with the saws you mentioned, but my last saw was a Hitachi and they are now Metabo HTP or whatever the not metal working division of Metabo is being called. I did like that saw, but it only had a 24" right rip capacity, and I like the fence on the Delta much better.

The saw also lends itself well to add a integrated router table in the extension wing

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hi again furnacefighter15,

First of all I want to express my gratitude to you. I don't know if you remember, but this is ectually the seccond time youve helped me. Thank you do much for your help! I find it really delightful that there are people like you on the planet.

But umfortunatly delta does not sell in the Netherlands. Its a shame, because your saw looks badass.

Greetings, Niels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 07-12-2020, 07:36 PM

View furnacefighter15's Photo Album My Photos
Are Ridgid table saws available there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave H
post #5 of 10 Old 07-13-2020, 03:11 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by furnacefighter15 View Post
Are Ridgid table saws available there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope, unfortunately not. I wish I lived in the US, the Netherlands suck for woodworking.
post #6 of 10 Old 07-13-2020, 03:16 AM Thread Starter

evolution rage5-s

quick addition.

In my area mostly only the big brands are available. These brands: DeWalt, Makita, Metabo, Bosch, Ryobi, power plus, Black and Dekker and some cheap German ones like Scheppach, Ferm and Einhell.

But I found another saw that's called: Evolution rage5-s
I was wondering what you guys thought of this saw. It does seem nice and has some nice features.

Greetings, Niels

Last edited by nielswitlox227; 07-13-2020 at 03:20 AM.
post #7 of 10 Old 07-13-2020, 09:30 AM

View DrRobert's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by nielswitlox227 View Post
quick addition.

German ones like Scheppach, Ferm and Einhell.

But I found another saw that's called: Evolution rage5-s
I was wondering what you guys thought of this saw. It does seem nice and has some nice features.

Greetings, Niels
these brands are not available in US.

Of the others, I would say the bottom is Ryobi and the top is Metabo.

Correct me if am wrong but you are looking at “job site” or “compact” saws. They are not as accurate, nor have the power intended for a ww’ing shop. You need a contractor saw at a minimum. If you plan on ripping hardwood or using a dado blade. The saw furnace fighter has pictured is an example. If you notice the fence on his saw is excellent, no comparison to a job site saw.

I would add that the fence and power are the 2 biggest safety factors.

That said, shop size can be a limiting factor.. If this is your situation, have you checked SawStop? If I were forced to buys a compact saw, it would be this one.

Robert
post #8 of 10 Old 07-13-2020, 11:19 AM

View Tool Agnostic's Photo Album My Photos
This is a European question. Not many of us here know the European table saw market. In general, appliances and tools cost more in Europe, too.

I recommend that Niel (Niels?) talk to woodworkers in the Netherlands, and maybe nearby countries like Germany, Belgium, and France. They would probably give him the best advice. Is there a used market in Europe like our Craigslist?
post #9 of 10 Old 07-13-2020, 02:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRobert View Post
these brands are not available in US.

Of the others, I would say the bottom is Ryobi and the top is Metabo.

Correct me if am wrong but you are looking at “job site” or “compact” saws. They are not as accurate, nor have the power intended for a ww’ing shop. You need a contractor saw at a minimum. If you plan on ripping hardwood or using a dado blade. The saw furnace fighter has pictured is an example. If you notice the fence on his saw is excellent, no comparison to a job site saw.

I would add that the fence and power are the 2 biggest safety factors.

That said, shop size can be a limiting factor.. If this is your situation, have you checked SawStop? If I were forced to buys a compact saw, it would be this one.
I know. But I really can't afford a contractor saw. They run in the thousends. Alsof, sawstop tablesaws are not sold in the EU I think.
post #10 of 10 Old 07-13-2020, 02:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool Agnostic View Post
This is a European question. Not many of us here know the European table saw market. In general, appliances and tools cost more in Europe, too.

I recommend that Niel (Niels?) talk to woodworkers in the Netherlands, and maybe nearby countries like Germany, Belgium, and France. They would probably give him the best advice. Is there a used market in Europe like our Craigslist?
We have "marktplaats" but its bot do big, defenitly nog on the woodworking part. An yes your probably right about contacting European woodworkers. I did in the mean time. They all Just dat Ik have to get a DeWalt. Its true that their great saw. Bit they are expensive. The one that I van afford had only 65mm ( 2.55905512 inches) of cutting depth.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode