Stumpy Nubs makes an Incra LS for $100! (Oh yah, baby!!!!!!) - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 6 Old 03-25-2012, 10:49 AM Thread Starter

View StumpyNubs's Photo Album My Photos
Lightbulb Stumpy Nubs makes an Incra LS for $100! (Oh yah, baby!!!!!!)

I always wanted an Incra LS table saw fence. But I didn't want to sell a kidney to get it. So I bought a Pinnacle Positioner from Woodcraft for $100 (it's the same thing as the Incra Lite). It's designed to be used on a router table, but I adapted it to my table saw fence. Now I have the lead screw accuracy and micro-adjustability of the Incra LS, and it can easily be removed and used on all sorts of shop machines! I plan on adapting it to the band saw, drill press, and of course, the router table.

NO- I did not get paid by Incra or anyone else for a tool review. In fact, Incra would probably not like me showing how to do this, but I'm all about saving money, so I am showing how to do it anyway!

Check it out... on this week's episode of Blue Collar Woodworking with Stumpy Nubs!

=

More episodes at Stumpynubs.com!
Friend us on Facebook!

Last edited by StumpyNubs; 03-25-2012 at 11:22 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to StumpyNubs For This Useful Post:
johnnie52 (03-26-2012), mackem (03-25-2012), tcleve4911 (03-25-2012), vinnypatternmaker (03-25-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-25-2012, 12:40 PM

View Murphy's Law's Photo Album My Photos
Thanks Stumpy. Good idea.
post #3 of 6 Old 03-25-2012, 10:49 PM

View vinnypatternmaker's Photo Album My Photos
Thanx

Hi, Stumpy!
As patternmakers/modelmakers we need that tight tolerance. We're ordering ours now !
Best, Marena and Vinny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 03-26-2012, 09:26 AM
Really underground garage

View BWSmith's Photo Album My Photos
I've made direct reading dial indicator attatchments for several different commercial shops.They've been fabricated steel,clamp-ons to fit the bessy rails.On this is mounted a simple dial indicator.In use you simply run a quick pce of stock through,measure it....make adj to fence,taking direct reading off dial.

The one I use here at the shop is even more plain.......its a dial indicator mounted on a magnetic base.Its the same principal as the above "rail types" except on mine I just plop it down wherever,on the TS top......usually near blade on backside of fence.

Ya'll have to make one critical decision.....are you gonna run a test pce through or not?Maybe I'm old fashioned but will always opt for runnin a test monkey.....as such,the dial indicator is the fastest setup.Now it can be argued where exactly its mounted.That being,either at the rail or at point of cut.......the latter is of benifit when the fence may not be paralell to blade(as when doing coves or other tricky manuevers(all safety applies here).

But with all things shop related....whatever fits your shops profile,is what matters.Thanks for sharing Stump....I do like your vids and general approach to things.Best of luck,BW

Those who say it cannot be done shouldn't interrupt the people doing it.
post #5 of 6 Old 03-26-2012, 12:45 PM
I wood if I could.

View Chaincarver Steve's Photo Album My Photos
Nice idea, Stumpy. Well done.
post #6 of 6 Old 03-27-2012, 09:04 AM Thread Starter

View StumpyNubs's Photo Album My Photos
Dial vs LS

The dial setup is great for micro adjusting. But this setup also provided exact repeatability. You can make a cut, move the fence to make a different one, and then come right back to the first and it will be exactly the same every time.

Tags
incra lite, incra ls, pinnacle positioner, stumpy nubs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode