Show us your shop! - Page 105 - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum
 135Likes
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
post #2081 of 2152 Old 04-09-2018, 07:12 PM
Member
 
jimnycricket65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 73
View jimnycricket65's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedhardwoods View Post
Keep us updated.
The workbench i bought years ago is gonna a get a clean up and now a use, finally.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
jimnycricket65 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2082 of 2152 Old 04-21-2018, 12:12 AM
Member
 
jimnycricket65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 73
View jimnycricket65's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimnycricket65 View Post
The workbench i bought years ago is gonna a get a clean up and now a use, finally.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I knew in heart deep down, I'd get here setting up my own shop one day...had a tool collection going...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
jimnycricket65 is offline  
post #2083 of 2152 Old 04-28-2018, 11:41 AM
Member
 
jimnycricket65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 73
View jimnycricket65's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimnycricket65 View Post
I knew in heart deep down, I'd get here setting up my own shop one day...had a tool collection going...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Another step in getting organized

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
jimnycricket65 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2084 of 2152 Old 04-28-2018, 02:34 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NE
Posts: 231
View Larry42's Photo Album My Photos
Can't view any or the pix, photo bucket problem.
jimnycricket65 likes this.
Larry42 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Larry42 For This Useful Post:
jimnycricket65 (04-29-2018)
post #2085 of 2152 Old 04-29-2018, 09:48 AM
Member
 
jimnycricket65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 73
View jimnycricket65's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry42 View Post
Can't view any or the pix, photo bucket problem.
Really, not any pictures? I will try it here again but you ain't my missing much if you don't see it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
jimnycricket65 is offline  
post #2086 of 2152 Old 04-29-2018, 10:26 AM
where's my table saw?
 
woodnthings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: SE, Michigan
Posts: 25,737
View woodnthings's Photo Album My Photos
I can see them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry42 View Post
Can't view any or the pix, photo bucket problem.
Problem is at your end, they show up for me.
jimnycricket65 likes this.

The answer to your question will only be as detailed and specific as the question is detailed and specific. Good questions also include a sketch or a photo that illustrates your issue. (:< D)
woodnthings is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to woodnthings For This Useful Post:
jimnycricket65 (04-30-2018)
post #2087 of 2152 Old 04-29-2018, 03:33 PM
Senior Member
 
allpurpose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 1,472
View allpurpose's Photo Album My Photos
With the recent accidents of mine, ripping a finger up on the TS and now my wrist on the bandsaw my shop is beginning to resemble a butchers shop more than a woodworking shop. I just need a walking freezer now to complete it.. I'll leave out the injury p0rnography pictures and videos for those with queasy stomachs..

I figured it's time to change my signature so hold your breath. This is it.
Impressive, huh?
allpurpose is offline  
post #2088 of 2152 Old 05-03-2018, 10:03 PM
Member
 
jimnycricket65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 73
View jimnycricket65's Photo Album My Photos
Has anyone used 4" HDPE pipes for dust collection? I found these laying around at my mom's house so I brought it thinking I will use these but I am not sure sure if it will work...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
jimnycricket65 is offline  
post #2089 of 2152 Old 05-03-2018, 10:28 PM
Senior Member
 
Bob in St. Louis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 373
View Bob in St. Louis's Photo Album My Photos
Don't see why it wouldn't work. The worst part would be making/modding the adapters.
jimnycricket65 likes this.
Bob in St. Louis is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Bob in St. Louis For This Useful Post:
jimnycricket65 (05-04-2018)
post #2090 of 2152 Old 05-03-2018, 10:50 PM
Senior Member
 
Sleeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Casa Grande, AZ
Posts: 5,309
View Sleeper's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimnycricket65 View Post
Has anyone used 4" HDPE pipes for dust collection? I found these laying around at my mom's house so I brought it thinking I will use these but I am not sure sure if it will work...
This is exactly what I use and they actually are the perfect size for the fittings. Just to forewarn you there are some here that will disagree, but I have photos to prove it. I just can't post them just now.
jimnycricket65 likes this.

JohnnyB
I’m a die hard DIY guy. Don’t tell me to hire someone for what I can do myself.
Sleeper is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Sleeper For This Useful Post:
jimnycricket65 (05-03-2018)
post #2091 of 2152 Old 05-03-2018, 11:36 PM
Member
 
jimnycricket65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 73
View jimnycricket65's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
This is exactly what I use and they actually are the perfect size for the fittings. Just to forewarn you there are some here that will disagree, but I have photos to prove it. I just can't post them just now.
Show me when you can and also show me how you did the connection and the "trap" doors (I forget right now what you call it but it's a sliding gate).




Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
jimnycricket65 is offline  
post #2092 of 2152 Old 05-03-2018, 11:42 PM
Senior Member
 
Bob in St. Louis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 373
View Bob in St. Louis's Photo Album My Photos
"Blast gate"
(just a heads-up, ya might wanna start your own thread, since this one is all about "Showing off everybodies shops")
jimnycricket65 likes this.
Bob in St. Louis is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Bob in St. Louis For This Useful Post:
jimnycricket65 (05-03-2018)
post #2093 of 2152 Old 05-03-2018, 11:43 PM
Member
 
jimnycricket65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 73
View jimnycricket65's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
This is exactly what I use and they actually are the perfect size for the fittings. Just to forewarn you there are some here that will disagree, but I have photos to prove it. I just can't post them just now.
Show me when you can and also show me how you did the connection and the "trap" doors (I forget right now what you call it but it's a sliding gate).




Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
jimnycricket65 is offline  
post #2094 of 2152 Old 05-03-2018, 11:44 PM
Member
 
jimnycricket65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 73
View jimnycricket65's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob in St. Louis View Post
"Blast gate"
(just a heads-up, ya might wanna start your own thread, since this one is all about "Showing off everybodies shops")
Lol, ok...no more posting here

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
jimnycricket65 is offline  
post #2095 of 2152 Old 05-04-2018, 12:00 AM
Senior Member
 
Sleeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Casa Grande, AZ
Posts: 5,309
View Sleeper's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimnycricket65 View Post
Show me when you can and also show me how you did the connection and the "trap" doors (I forget right now what you call it but it's a sliding gate).
Ok Here are a few, I hope this helps.

Sorry I just now realized what thread this was. Maybe an admin can move it for you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3772.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	282.9 KB
ID:	358658  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3774.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	239.6 KB
ID:	358666  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3781.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	407.2 KB
ID:	358674  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3829.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	410.2 KB
ID:	358682  

jimnycricket65 likes this.

JohnnyB
I’m a die hard DIY guy. Don’t tell me to hire someone for what I can do myself.

Last edited by Sleeper; 05-04-2018 at 12:03 AM.
Sleeper is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sleeper For This Useful Post:
Bob in St. Louis (05-04-2018), jimnycricket65 (05-04-2018)
post #2096 of 2152 Old 06-07-2018, 01:10 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 15
View Bert0529's Photo Album My Photos
OK, here's my shop. I've only had the space for about two weeks so it's barely functional, but I'm making progress. It's a temporary set up, but temporary in this case likely means upwards of a year so I'm trying to make it "home" as much as possible. The room is actually our den and the plan is to hone my skills on various small upgrade projects around the house and then finally to build wall-to-wall built-ins along the back wall of this room. Once they're complete I will return the room to its proper use. I figure I can work out the kinks in here and then apply that education to setting up a permanent shop in the garage where I'll have a 22' x 12' space to work with.

The workbench is the first truly utile thing I've ever built, and as bare bones and simple as it is, I'm pretty proud of it. It's a good solid starting point.

Quick story: I've been around tools since I was a little kid helping my dad maintain the garden apartment complex he owned, but those jobs were mostly repairs and construction (not woodworking) and helping usually amounted to being a gopher and tool hander. When he passed away back in '06 there were many personal items to be distributed amongst his 11 children, but all I asked for were his saws. I wanted them because as a kid I thought his ability to make straight accurate cuts was like magic. I couldn’t do it then, and I can’t do it now. I remember him scolding me when I was 6 or 7 years old for playing with the saws because, "They're tools, not toys!" But then I also remember him taking the time and patiently teaching me how to use them, letting me cut up all sorts of scrap wood 'til my arm was sore. That was 40 years ago and the saws were already old then. It wasn't until my recent fascination with woodworking that I dug those saws out of storage so I could hang them up to have a piece of Dad with me in the shop. As I examined the teeth it dawned on me that they are a set: one rip saw and one crosscut saw. I’m sure he explained that to me at the time, so that means it took forty years for me to understand it. I hope I’ll be a little quicker from now on. Those are the two hand saws on top right of the peg board lying on their backs.

Anyway, I didn't plan on sharing shop pics so I didn't get everything in the frame. I do have a beat up contractor table saw, a compound miter saw, a Bosch 1617 with a cheapie starter table, and various other small power tools. I was waffling between either upgrading my table saw or buying a benchtop planer and jointer (separate units, not the Jet combo), but I think the table saw is the way to go for now. And then I'm going to build a full size router table. And then…… and then…. and then….
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6014.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	347.5 KB
ID:	362561  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6062.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	317.1 KB
ID:	362569  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6051.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	428.5 KB
ID:	362577  


Bert
Bert0529 is offline  
post #2097 of 2152 Old 07-03-2018, 10:57 PM
Member
 
jimnycricket65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 73
View jimnycricket65's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert0529 View Post
OK, here's my shop. I've only had the space for about two weeks so it's barely functional, but I'm making progress. It's a temporary set up, but temporary in this case likely means upwards of a year so I'm trying to make it "home" as much as possible. The room is actually our den and the plan is to hone my skills on various small upgrade projects around the house and then finally to build wall-to-wall built-ins along the back wall of this room. Once they're complete I will return the room to its proper use. I figure I can work out the kinks in here and then apply that education to setting up a permanent shop in the garage where I'll have a 22' x 12' space to work with.

The workbench is the first truly utile thing I've ever built, and as bare bones and simple as it is, I'm pretty proud of it. It's a good solid starting point.

Quick story: I've been around tools since I was a little kid helping my dad maintain the garden apartment complex he owned, but those jobs were mostly repairs and construction (not woodworking) and helping usually amounted to being a gopher and tool hander. When he passed away back in '06 there were many personal items to be distributed amongst his 11 children, but all I asked for were his saws. I wanted them because as a kid I thought his ability to make straight accurate cuts was like magic. I couldn’t do it then, and I can’t do it now. I remember him scolding me when I was 6 or 7 years old for playing with the saws because, "They're tools, not toys!" But then I also remember him taking the time and patiently teaching me how to use them, letting me cut up all sorts of scrap wood 'til my arm was sore. That was 40 years ago and the saws were already old then. It wasn't until my recent fascination with woodworking that I dug those saws out of storage so I could hang them up to have a piece of Dad with me in the shop. As I examined the teeth it dawned on me that they are a set: one rip saw and one crosscut saw. I’m sure he explained that to me at the time, so that means it took forty years for me to understand it. I hope I’ll be a little quicker from now on. Those are the two hand saws on top right of the peg board lying on their backs.

Anyway, I didn't plan on sharing shop pics so I didn't get everything in the frame. I do have a beat up contractor table saw, a compound miter saw, a Bosch 1617 with a cheapie starter table, and various other small power tools. I was waffling between either upgrading my table saw or buying a benchtop planer and jointer (separate units, not the Jet combo), but I think the table saw is the way to go for now. And then I'm going to build a full size router table. And then…… and then…. and then….
Love the story... thanks.
Have fun and be safe...it's a hobby a friend-mentor reminded me when I started 2 months ago

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
jimnycricket65 is offline  
post #2098 of 2152 Old 07-30-2018, 02:48 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 6
View Pauferro77's Photo Album My Photos
Another garage shop that is in a state of constant flux. Finally got the dust collection of my dreams, boy does it work well. Just about finished with my new clamp racks (can you say OCD). Built the shop vac stand based on the design posted here by Marv. Portable miter saw station with wings is next I think.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WIN_20180709_17_02_49_Pro.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	268.8 KB
ID:	364294  

Click image for larger version

Name:	WIN_20180709_17_02_55_Pro.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	310.7 KB
ID:	364296  

Click image for larger version

Name:	WIN_20180709_17_03_24_Pro.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	289.8 KB
ID:	364298  

Click image for larger version

Name:	WIN_20180709_17_03_29_Pro.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	281.6 KB
ID:	364300  

Click image for larger version

Name:	WIN_20180709_17_03_41_Pro.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	305.4 KB
ID:	364302  

Click image for larger version

Name:	WIN_20180709_17_03_47_Pro.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	198.7 KB
ID:	364304  

Click image for larger version

Name:	WIN_20180709_17_03_57_Pro.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	264.1 KB
ID:	364306  

Click image for larger version

Name:	WIN_20180709_17_04_08_Pro.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	285.9 KB
ID:	364308  

Click image for larger version

Name:	WIN_20180709_17_04_18_Pro.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	291.6 KB
ID:	364310  

Click image for larger version

Name:	WIN_20180709_17_04_30_Pro.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	214.9 KB
ID:	364312  

Sleeper likes this.
Pauferro77 is offline  
post #2099 of 2152 Old 07-30-2018, 02:52 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 6
View Pauferro77's Photo Album My Photos
More pic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WIN_20180709_17_07_31_Pro.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	319.0 KB
ID:	364314  

Click image for larger version

Name:	WIN_20180709_17_09_36_Pro.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	243.0 KB
ID:	364316  

Click image for larger version

Name:	WIN_20180709_17_14_41_Pro.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	326.8 KB
ID:	364318  

Click image for larger version

Name:	WIN_20180730_10_31_18_Pro.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	254.9 KB
ID:	364320  

Click image for larger version

Name:	WIN_20180730_11_43_39_Pro.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	261.0 KB
ID:	364322  

Pauferro77 is offline  
post #2100 of 2152 Old 10-11-2018, 04:14 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: PNW
Posts: 11
View flytoolow's Photo Album My Photos
Impressive
flytoolow is offline  
Reply

Tags
cabinet shop, shop, trailer shop

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Show me yer planes!!!! Corndog Hand Tools 116 01-02-2013 05:33 PM
Shop made hand planes (my shop) Daren Project Showcase 43 07-03-2011 01:55 PM
I'll Show You Mine-You Show Me Yours cabinetman Off Topic 5 07-27-2008 04:45 PM
woodworking show kenneth evans General Woodworking Discussion 0 02-10-2008 11:27 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome