Shaper bits - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 3 Old 06-27-2018, 01:45 PM Thread Starter

View Toolman50's Photo Album My Photos
Shaper bits

Although I sold my shaper many years ago, I held on to two sets of shaper cutters that were as valuable as the shaper itself. So now I have a couple of nice shaper bits that I will never use again. One is a two cutter cope and stick set that is very heavy duty. It was $140 in 1979 and hasnít been used but twice. The other is a 4 piece set for making paneled doors.
If anyone is still using shapers and might have an interest I can send pictures and pricing upon request. I will price them right.

If you don't have time to do it right the first time, when will you have time to do it over?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-27-2018, 03:10 PM
where's my table saw?

View woodnthings's Photo Album My Photos
Here's a tip ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolman50 View Post
Although I sold my shaper many years ago, I held on to two sets of shaper cutters that were as valuable as the shaper itself. So now I have a couple of nice shaper bits that I will never use again. One is a two cutter cope and stick set that is very heavy duty. It was $140 in 1979 and hasnít been used but twice. The other is a 4 piece set for making paneled doors.
If anyone is still using shapers and might have an interest I can send pictures and pricing upon request. I will price them right.
A while back, I sold my shapers also and all the cutters. A Google search will show up more hits if you post them in "Classifieds" with photos and arbor sizes, brand names and weight for shipping unless you will use the "If it Fits It Ships" USPS rate.

I'm not sure how non-members can contact you unless by a "Vistor Message" on your profile. If you have an anonymous email that won't be compromised, maybe you could use that for public stuff for sale. Don't publish a private email here.

The answer to your question will only be as detailed and specific as the question is detailed and specific. Good questions also include a sketch or a photo that illustrates your issue. (:< D)
post #3 of 3 Old 06-27-2018, 10:17 PM
Generic Weeb

View WeebyWoodWorker's Photo Album My Photos
I also have shaper bits I'll never use. They came with one of my shopsmiths and there is NO way I'm ever turning that thing to shaper speed. So they'll probably just sorta sit in a box until the end of time. Seems like not many people use shapers these days.

God I love Trigger. Inferno Cop is exactly the sort of idiocy they do, It's what makes them so cool. Met them all, great guys.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode