Screen Printed Wood Signs - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 6 Old 12-28-2014, 01:30 AM Thread Starter

View SMLWinds's Photo Album My Photos
Screen Printed Wood Signs

Guys--I am hoping someone has some experience with this. I am wanting to make some screen printed wood signs. I can make signs with a router, but I want to be able to print pictures on them without having to hand paint them. I am attaching a few files that I found from just searching the internet to let you know what I am talking about.

How do I go about making these signs and what do I need in order to make them? I assume they are made on a computer hooked to some sort of screen printing machine? If anyone has experience with these or knowledge about how they are made please enlighten me! If you know what machine I would need, please post a link!

Thanks!
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-28-2014, 11:15 AM

View 2lim's Photo Album My Photos
From what I understand, you can make those in standard size by purchasing a special type of paper, and using an inkjet printer.

Simon
post #3 of 6 Old 12-28-2014, 01:23 PM
more bacon?

View Ttharp's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2lim
From what I understand, you can make those in standard size by purchasing a special type of paper, and using an inkjet printer. Simon
Really? I would be interested in knowing more about this. Can you point us in a direction?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 12-28-2014, 06:07 PM

View Masterjer's Photo Album My Photos
Look up the YouTube video by Steve Ramsey.

His method involves taking a sheet of Avery labels and removing all the labels. You print your picture backwards onto the now slick sheet where the labels used to be. Put the printed sheet face down on your project and the ink comes right off the sheet and into your board. Careful or the ink will smear if you touch it or don't out it down right the first time.

One of Steve Ramsey's latest projects includes a wine gift box where he shows the technique and then includes a link to his video showing the entire ink transfer Process. I would post you a link, but can't do that from my phone.
post #5 of 6 Old 12-28-2014, 07:46 PM

View Woodenhorse's Photo Album My Photos
They sell screen printing kits at Blick's Art Supply. You might also consider finding a sign shop with a UV printer. They can print directly on wood without the need to create a screen.

Those who say it cannot be done should stay out of the way of the people doing it.
post #6 of 6 Old 12-28-2014, 07:54 PM

View Roger Newby's Photo Album My Photos
Reverse print on parchment paper used for baking cookies instead of removing Avery labels.
The Following User Says Thank You to Roger Newby For This Useful Post:
Masterjer (12-29-2014)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode