Remodel is ALMOST done! - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 8 Old 04-18-2011, 12:09 PM Thread Starter

View ctwiggs1's Photo Album My Photos
Remodel is ALMOST done!

I have been looking over this forum every day going "MAN, I cannot WAIT to build something!" I know it sounds pathetic, but I picked up this woodworking bug while remodeling and have just been itching to get back to work in my garage!

Slowly but surely, as we move back into the house, I am starting to see a floor in my garage! Each box and piece of furniture is just one step closer to getting my saws set up and starting on my first projects -- a new workbench for me and a hope chest for my wife.

Curtis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 04-18-2011, 04:07 PM
Hobbyist wood-butcher

View thegrgyle's Photo Album My Photos
Well, quit typing and finish it up then .... We can't wait to see the pics of your projects.

Fabian

I used to be fairly indecisive, but now....... I'm not so sure.
post #3 of 8 Old 04-18-2011, 04:51 PM

View phinds's Photo Album My Photos
NEVER let a little thing like clutter slow you down.

You can never have too much pepperoni on your pizza or own too many clamps.
www.hobbithouseinc.com/personal/woodpics/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 04-19-2011, 11:58 AM Thread Starter

I can't figure out how to resize the pics or else I'd attach some photos. The overflow valve on our water heater busted two days after we came home from our honeymoon. It flooded the laundry room, master bedroom, and well into our hallway that leads to the kitchen and bath.

We decided that hey, now is the time to remodel if we ever wanted to right? We put new floors throughout the entire house as well as upgraded all the trim, including window and door trim. The bathroom got a new vanity and the bedroom got a new built in closet.

We're still doing a lot of the finishing work, but at least we can live there now!

You guys motivated me! I saw your responses before work and took the time to take some extra pics before I left to post some things on Craigslist. Slowly but surely, that garage will get cleaned out!

Curtis
post #5 of 8 Old 04-19-2011, 04:02 PM
Hobbyist wood-butcher

View thegrgyle's Photo Album My Photos
Wow, that sucks that your house flooded..... I can relate with that .....

As far as the remodeling goes.... My wife always says, there is the right way to fix something, or "MY WAY" to fix something .... something along the way of how Tim Taylor on Tooltime would fix something...... Whenever I finally get around to fixing something in my house, I have been thinking about it for way too long, and end up making a mountain out of a molehill, but I am extremely happy when I finally get it done "just-right."

Fabian

I used to be fairly indecisive, but now....... I'm not so sure.
post #6 of 8 Old 04-19-2011, 06:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrgyle View Post
Wow, that sucks that your house flooded..... I can relate with that .....

As far as the remodeling goes.... My wife always says, there is the right way to fix something, or "MY WAY" to fix something .... something along the way of how Tim Taylor on Tooltime would fix something...... Whenever I finally get around to fixing something in my house, I have been thinking about it for way too long, and end up making a mountain out of a molehill, but I am extremely happy when I finally get it done "just-right."
Our wives would get along really well ;-)
post #7 of 8 Old 04-19-2011, 09:52 PM

View firehawkmph's Photo Album My Photos
Hang in there Curtis.
Sounds like you're getting closer to paradise. I use a program called 'Picasa' to do all my photo stuff, tuning, cropping, etc. It has a button called 'export' that lets you export selected pics to somewhere else in your computer. I export the pics to my desktop so they are easy to find. While doing this, it lets you choose the size of the pics. I normally use 640 and the pics come out sized right for sights like this, emails, etc. The program is free on the Google page. Just click on the little button under the google search box that says 'more google' or something close to that. It brings up a page that has a bunch of freebie software. Picasa also lets you organize your pics, make collages out of them, plus a lot more. Very easy and self explanatory to use.
Mike Hawkins
The Following User Says Thank You to firehawkmph For This Useful Post:
thegrgyle (04-20-2011)
post #8 of 8 Old 11-14-2011, 09:15 AM

View Bonniewright365's Photo Album My Photos
wow! thats

Bonnie wright
Remodel New York
InHausKB - Spectacular Remodeling

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode