Woodworking Talk banner

Private Message for Building Plans

1K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  NoThankyou 
#1 ·
Now I am getting SPAM by private message. This morning I had one for somebody that had 1, 600 plans for sale.

George

#4 ·
I've gotten the same type of private message a couple of times in the last month or so. The latest one I got was at Lumberjocks and the first one may well have been here, I just can't remember for sure. It would take a lot for me to click on a link in an unsolicited PM as I find the delete prompt far more useful for that type of message.

#5 · (Edited)
Radusonea has been banned:

please be specific with the name and report it
and that screen name can be banned for life manually.
but - if it is a "bot" generated spam like WoodWork - they change
just a character or two and become a totally new person and continue
with their spam advertising.
just ignore it - don't open it - and report it.

John

#11 ·
I got another PM spam on Lumberjocks yesterday. I tried to save a screenshot to send to admin however my limited knowledge of how to do that ended up in failure. Again, my use of the delete button seemed the logical choice.

#12 ·
Learn how to use your "snipping tool." In the bottom left corner of your screen you have a search/start box. Type an "S" in that box. You will get a list of potential commands beginning with the letter "S". Click on the one that says Snipping.

Along with this "google" "how to use snipping tool." This will open a whole world of useful things that you can do with the SNIP.

George

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.