Port-A-Mate adjustable mobile base PM-1000 - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 5 Old 08-15-2015, 12:34 AM Thread Starter

View bigarm's Photo Album My Photos
Port-A-Mate adjustable mobile base PM-1000

Woodcraft has this base on sale (http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/150...08%2F14%2F2015)

Has anyone used one? If so, what are your thoughts? I want to make my 14" Rikon band saw mobile. I think it weighs around pounds. This base says it can go up to 400.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-15-2015, 09:59 AM

View woodchux's Photo Album My Photos
It is always good to have larger woodworking "toys" on wheels, especially in small work areas. Have used similar mobile based units for a TS and a router table - but not that brand. As for adding that base to your bandsaw, IMO those wheels may be a bit small for the bandsaw weight/size to have easy movement. Be safe.
post #3 of 5 Old 08-18-2015, 04:15 PM

View Barong02's Photo Album My Photos
I just set up my PM2500. It's good to 650 or 700 lbs. Honestly, it's excellent quality, the directions were garbage, but i was able to figure out how everything went together with only a few redo's. I've got about an 800 lb jointer that's 100% cast iron that I was worried about moving around the shop and this base has made it effortless. All 4 wheels can lock and the design is simple and sturdy. I will definitely be buying more in the future for other heavy duty items.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 08-18-2015, 05:44 PM

View Stevedore's Photo Album My Photos
I have the same brand, but the next size up (model 2000), on my Delta 14" cast iron base bandsaw, contractor saw, and Ridgid oscillating sander. I'm happy with them. You can always find something bigger/heavier, but these serve my purposes very well.

I will say that the elevating mechanisms aren't all that beefy, but I always lift a little on the end of the machine when I step on the pedals to avoid any problems.

I have a spare of the model 2000 on craigslist for $30 right now, like new. Are you anywhere near northern NJ?
post #5 of 5 Old 08-18-2015, 08:59 PM Thread Starter

View bigarm's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevedore View Post
I have the same brand, but the next size up (model 2000), on my Delta 14" cast iron base bandsaw, contractor saw, and Ridgid oscillating sander. I'm happy with them. You can always find something bigger/heavier, but these serve my purposes very well.

I will say that the elevating mechanisms aren't all that beefy, but I always lift a little on the end of the machine when I step on the pedals to avoid any problems.

I have a spare of the model 2000 on craigslist for $30 right now, like new. Are you anywhere near northern NJ?
If I was I would be interested, but I live in NW Montana.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode