I had this happen on a coffee table I pulled from the neighbor's trash. I refinished it for my Daughter's new apartment (flown the coupe). The top was veneered very nicely so all it got was a light sanding. I laid on the best application on the top I had ever put down. and watched in horror as the poly began to literally bead up. My first lesson in silicone contamination. The neighbor told me the table had been his Mother's and she really laid on the Pledge. I wiped the poly off with tons of mineral spirits before it could set up. I then covered the silicone contaminated top with dewaxed shellac and then did the poly finish with no issues. The problem with silicones is that you can't get rid of them, only cover them up, or follow what Steve said about adding fish eye preventer to the finishing material. However, once you introduce silicones into your finishing stuff, you are stuck with them forever or your toss everything you used that had the fisheye preventer in the finishing materials. I've used Smoothie with automotive lacquers with good results, but I no longer have the spray gun used for that function.
I've gone out to find myself. If I return before I get back, have me wait for me.
"Sawdust is Man Glitter"