Well, its been decided, we will be building and swapping a marking knife!
In the spirit of the marking gauge swap lets keep it a surprise as far as design and who gives to who!
The rules for this will be pretty simple.
1. build / carve / turn / whittle your knife body / handle from a sturdy stock.
2. blade : must be made of metal, it can either be home forged or store bought, but it must be of suitable strength. it should not have any flex from the tip to the hilt. It can not be an Exacto blade or other hobby knife blade that is micro thin.
3. the handle and blade must be secured to each other, blade can be made to be replaced or exchanged with other blade(s).
4. Time line, I think 3 weeks should be plenty of time for this build. so lets say the deadline is August 24th at noon. CST.
5. Once you build your knife. take a couple pictures of it. and email it to me at [email protected]
please include your online name as well as your real name, and your address that you would like your knife shipped to.
5a. this is an optional rule. If you are willing to. send me your date of birth, social security number, bank account information, list of all known passwords etc etc. send this information to [email protected]
6. To be officially entered into this swap. i must receive an email from you including a completed marking knife. I will edit the first post in this thread to update and keep track of who is entered.
now get out there and get to building!!