Palm Router questions - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 3 Old 03-21-2018, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

View Corey Blythe's Photo Album My Photos
Palm Router questions

Hello everyone. I’ve not been on here for a while. What happened the app that use to be available for this forum?

Anyway, I build guitar amplifiers. I rout a 1/8” groove into my enclosures to imbed a small piece of beading. It’s a cosmetic thing. I have done this on table saw but my corners are rounded so that part gets difficult. I have done it on my router table. I bought a guide for my porter cable router but it’s a bit large and I’m not very good at it. My beading is only 3/4 inch from the edge so that router guide won’t work anyway. Was thinking a palm router. What kind of guides can I get for a palm router to do this. I have never owned one. Or any other suggestions? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-21-2018, 12:30 PM
where's my table saw?

View woodnthings's Photo Album My Photos
There is a ball bearing guide ...

A single ball bearing will trace a given radius which can be adjusted. I have an old one of these from my Craftsman router days:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sears-Crafs....c100005.m1851

You could also make one easy enough.

I have the Dewalt DWP 611 palm router with LED light and plunge base, great small router.

Best price here for a recon:
https://www.cpooutlets.com/factory-r..._content=Deals

The answer to your question will only be as detailed and specific as the question is detailed and specific. Good questions also include a sketch or a photo that illustrates your issue. (:< D)

Last edited by woodnthings; 03-21-2018 at 01:51 PM.
post #3 of 3 Old 03-21-2018, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

View Corey Blythe's Photo Album My Photos
That looks like exactly what I need. Thank you for that idea. I’ll look into purchasing that and a palm router

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode