OneWay vari grind jig - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum
 6Likes
  • 2 Post By Catpower
  • 3 Post By Onefreetexan
  • 1 Post By Tool Agnostic

post #1 of 7 Old 09-02-2018, 05:29 PM Thread Starter

View JRboostGSR's Photo Album My Photos
OneWay vari grind jig

Hey guys itís me again Freddy the guy with a million question.If I donít ask I wonít know and I wonít learn.Iam here to stay..
I completed my table saw dust collection waiting on a friend to help put my table saw back on the stand that thing weighs a ton..í
In the mean time I put my OneWay vari grind jig together with a grizzly grinder I got the other day all banged up from being shipped grizzly is pissed at me because I made a big stink on their web site reviews anyway just wanted some feed back from my fellow wood workers if I did this correct this grinder other then being banged up lamp crushed and some nicks works like a baby by the way itís a multi speed 8Ē benchgrinder models T27305..

Thank you
Freddy

BuiltinWestchester/YouTube

P.s Iam locates in Yonkers New York looking to rent a garage if anyone knows of a garage for rent please let me know..
My shop has no windows no ventilation so itís very humid and my tools are going bad have to take my tools out of the room ASAP..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 09-02-2018, 06:46 PM

View Catpower's Photo Album My Photos
I have never understood why people complain about the damage caused by the shipper and blame the people who sold it. As soon as it gets out of their possession they have little or no control over how it is handled, and there are only a few ways to ship an item

I have bought quite a few of Grizzly products, and have only had a couple things damaged in shipment, when I did I called and they sent the damaged parts to me no questions asked, and didn't even want the damaged part returned
JRboostGSR and Onefreetexan like this.

There is no app for experience
The Following User Says Thank You to Catpower For This Useful Post:
JRboostGSR (09-02-2018)
post #3 of 7 Old 09-02-2018, 06:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catpower View Post
I have never understood why people complain about the damage caused by the shipper and blame the people who sold it. As soon as it gets out of their possession they have little or no control over how it is handled, and there are only a few ways to ship an item

I have bought quite a few of Grizzly products, and have only had a couple things damaged in shipment, when I did I called and they sent the damaged parts to me no questions asked, and didn't even want the damaged part returned

Thatís exactly what I did I let my anger get the best of me but grizzly will be sending me the parts for the bench grinder itís a really good grinder..thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 09-02-2018, 10:23 PM

View Onefreetexan's Photo Album My Photos
Did you go back to their reviews to correct your Ďanger spueí. ..?
Catpower, Kerrys and JRboostGSR like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Onefreetexan For This Useful Post:
JRboostGSR (09-03-2018)
post #5 of 7 Old 09-03-2018, 11:50 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onefreetexan View Post
Did you go back to their reviews to correct your Ďanger spueí. ..?

Yes I spoke to the complaint department and I also removed and cleared up all my wrong doing due to my anger..this is why I use this forum to give me advice on lots of things where I live thereís no clubs for wood workers so I have to go to the web..
Thank you
Freddy

post #6 of 7 Old 09-03-2018, 11:56 AM

View Tool Agnostic's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catpower View Post

Keep in mind that the manufacturer is the one who chose the shipper. If the shipper is not satisfactory and causes a lot of damage, the manufacturer should change shippers.

The manufacturer owns the responsibility of getting their undamaged product into your hands. Very often, they also step-up to the responsibility of getting your product to an operational state. If you bend or damage a component during assembly, many (most) manufacturers will make good on getting you a new part. They don't have to, but it is good for business.

Customers lie. A lot. I have no hard data, but it would not surprise me to learn that a very large percentage of warranty claims are actually "improper use or other customer-inflicted damage, but customer claims damage in shipment or manufacturer defect." Sometimes it is better for business not to question the customer, but write it off to customer goodwill. I am not saying that it happened in the OP's case, but that it is very common. It is amazing what excuses customers will make and what lies they will tell to avoid paying for something from their own money. Sadly these days, people will throw away their personal integrity for a couple bucks. I wonder whether they are self-aware enough to notice that loss.

I have found that strict honesty actually helps. I tell the manufacturer's representative that I broke it and I am willing to pay for the replacement part or whatever fixes the issue. Can they help me with this problem? More often than not, they send the part as a courtesy. Customer support people rarely get the honest, straight story. When they get a customer who admits that they messed up and damaged the item themselves, it is like a breath of fresh air. They want to recognize that honesty; it is as simple as that.
JRboostGSR likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tool Agnostic For This Useful Post:
JRboostGSR (09-03-2018)
post #7 of 7 Old 09-03-2018, 12:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool Agnostic View Post
Keep in mind that the manufacturer is the one who chose the shipper. If the shipper is not satisfactory and causes a lot of damage, the manufacturer should change shippers.

The manufacturer owns the responsibility of getting their undamaged product into your hands. Very often, they also step-up to the responsibility of getting your product to an operational state. If you bend or damage a component during assembly, many (most) manufacturers will make good on getting you a new part. They don't have to, but it is good for business.

Customers lie. A lot. I have no hard data, but it would not surprise me to learn that a very large percentage of warranty claims are actually "improper use or other customer-inflicted damage, but customer claims damage in shipment or manufacturer defect." Sometimes it is better for business not to question the customer, but write it off to customer goodwill. I am not saying that it happened in the OP's case, but that it is very common. It is amazing what excuses customers will make and what lies they will tell to avoid paying for something from their own money. Sadly these days, people will throw away their personal integrity for a couple bucks. I wonder whether they are self-aware enough to notice that loss.

I have found that strict honesty actually helps. I tell the manufacturer's representative that I broke it and I am willing to pay for the replacement part or whatever fixes the issue. Can they help me with this problem? More often than not, they send the part as a courtesy. Customer support people rarely get the honest, straight story. When they get a customer who admits that they messed up and damaged the item themselves, it is like a breath of fresh air. They want to recognize that honesty; it is as simple as that.

Thank you makes a lot of sense very appreciated I take constructive criticism well.thank you very much this is why I came and said what happen while at the same time looking for advice...Tapatalk is my woodworker club

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode