My Grizzly Tent Sale Finds... - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 2 Old 06-04-2016, 06:51 PM Thread Starter
Pain in the A$$

View Burb's Photo Album My Photos
My Grizzly Tent Sale Finds...

Today was the annual tent sale at Grizzly's Springfield MO showroom from 8-2 today. Finally about 1:20, I decided to head in. I got there about 1:40 and had just enough time for a quick tour through the 7-8 or so tents with what was left. At least half of what was left actually had SOLD stickers on it. Since I really was only looking for 3-things and ONLY for the right price (14" BS, 2+ HP DC & another mini-lathe), I focused my efforts in those 2 tents. The only DCs left I didn't want as they had the cheap cloth filters. I had made up my mind to only get one that comes with a HEPA filter, and the ones left were SOLD...

As for the Band-saws, I think every one remaining was SOLD so that was quick.

Next I looked for the mini lathes. They actually had about 6 remaining, along with 7-8 full size units. My purpose for a mini is I'm looking for something to put my Beall Buffing system on and leave it there all the time. My wheels are getting beat up storing it in a drawer, and I feel like I'd actually use it more if it were out. I actually found 2 mini's that while not the same model, have several interchangeable parts. That's the thing at this sale. Many times it takes 2-3 of something to make 1 good unit. At this time it was 1:52 as the salesman reminded me the sale was over in 8 minutes. I asked him what kind of deal I'd get if I bought these 2 minis. (They were marked $75/ea.) He said $50 for the pair & I said sold. Seemed worth taking my chances for that price, since total retail for the 2 would've been over $500. Yeah, 90% off seems fair...LOL
Then after loaded these, I went in the showroom & visited with a friend who was doing turning demo's. There I found a 16 cutoffs (from a gun stock manufacturer) for $27. Each pieces is about 2"x2.5"x5.5". Considering 12 are spectrally and'd I'd like to try and segment some, I thought that seemed like a good deal. The other pieces black walnut, which I don't need (I have lots if this) but I do love.

Since tonight's date night, I'll have to wait until tomorrow to see how the lathes work out.
Attached Images

Mark

"Measuring is the enemy of accuracy." Chris Schwartz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-04-2016, 07:31 PM
Village Idiot

View epicfail48's Photo Album My Photos
I wouldn't feel too bad about missing out on the handsaws. Those were all gone when I got there about 930ish. The big stuff goes quick

I need cheaper hobby
etsy.com/shop/projectepicfail

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode