Looking ahead - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 3 Old 08-05-2015, 09:16 PM Thread Starter

View bigarm's Photo Album My Photos
Looking ahead

The new shop is great, but small, especially narrow. At the moment I have an inexpensive router table (Bosch RA1171 cabinet style that has worked okay for me so far, but thinking about trying to consolidate things for the small shop. I have made a "deal" with my wife. I am a retired teacher and we agreed that if I sub next school year, half the money earned goes to pay back some of the expenses incurred when making the shop and the other half I get to keep for "toys". So one of the things I am thinking about is a router extension for my table saw. I have a Delta 36-725 saw. Does anyone make a router extension for that saw?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-05-2015, 09:52 PM
where's my table saw?

View woodnthings's Photo Album My Photos
most are universal...

The saw's depth front to back is a standard 27" on most saws, Delta, Craftsman, Rigid etc. That's all that matters. Bolt it on and start using it. Most will not require additional support legs, but you can add them IF the rails do not have enough support. Make or get longer rails or slide the existing ones over several inches for more support.

Peachtree USA, Rockler, MCLS Grizzly all make or supply them. The thing that is critical is the opening for the router's plate or a lift. They also come in standard sizes. just make certain all your stuff is compatible....
http://www.ptreeusa.com/rtr_router_tables.htm

I would not like a small round hole that would exclude using a lift.

The answer to your question will only be as detailed and specific as the question is detailed and specific. Good questions also include a sketch or a photo that illustrates your issue. (:< D)

Last edited by woodnthings; 08-05-2015 at 09:57 PM.
post #3 of 3 Old 10-15-2015, 04:37 PM
Novice maker of sawdust

View LVWood's Photo Album My Photos
Yep, I bolted my Bosch router table to my 36-725. Works fine after some tweaking to get things lined up.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode