Kreg jig mounting options - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 4 Old 10-17-2015, 10:45 AM Thread Starter

View ponch37300's Photo Album My Photos
Kreg jig mounting options

I know kreg jig can be a dirty word here but I use mine for different projects that don't require fancy joints. I have the K3 master set and just keep it in the little plastic case it came in. But I'd like to make something that can store the jig and all it's accessories and some screws(mostly use the 1 1/4" coarse threads for 3/4" plywood projects) and double as a work center for the jig to support longer pieces of wood. Did some google searches and found these, https://www.google.com/search?q=kreg...20case&imgrc=_.

Which are pretty much what I'm wanting to do. But I would like to make mine portable and easy to store. So some sort of box case that is durable and everything fits inside and maybe 24" long by 12-16" wide and maybe 5-6" tall. Then when I want to use the jig I can set the box ontop of a bench and pull out the actual jig and attach it to the top of the box somehow and have a 24" long work area to support longer pieces of wood. I don't have bench space to keep the kreg jig setup and also I take it with me sometimes to do projects at family and friends houses.

Seeing if anyone has made something like this. Or has ideas and/or suggestions on how to accomplish this and make it the best it can be. Like how to make either a drawer that pulls out or a hinged top for the storage? The best way to be able to attach the actual jig to the top and then take it off to store it inside the case.

Thanks for your help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-17-2015, 12:09 PM

View woodchux's Photo Album My Photos
Great idea to have a "Kreg portable work station". Many ideas on the search you did, but do consider getting some graph paper, doing a layout/list of what you want your work station to be, taking the best of those ideas, add a few of your own, and go from there. Doesn't have to be fancy, just useable for YOUR projects. Be safe.
post #3 of 4 Old 10-17-2015, 12:47 PM
RAM Man

View sweensdv's Photo Album My Photos
I made this one for my K4-MS and have been very satisfied with it, https://www.kregtool.com/webres/File...orage-unit.pdf

The one drawback to these plans is that you need the Micro Drill Guide, $50, to build it. If you use " plywood instead of " and adjust the dimensions accordingly you could make it without having to buy the Micro Drill Guide.

Dave

Life is like a roll of toilet paper.
The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 10-17-2015, 09:16 PM

View hawkeye10's Photo Album My Photos
There is a place on the rear to clamp it to a table. That is what I do because if you mount it to a board it takes a bigger place to store it. I will say if a person has the room mounting it would benice.

Don

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode