Woodworking Talk banner

Jointing with a Portable Planer. Easy Jointing

15K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Gerry KIERNAN 
#1 ·
hey!! here are some pics for you guys to see that its possible to get a good joint with the planer! Taker care GUYS!!!:thumbsup:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)

Attachments

#10 · (Edited)
Thanks!!! hope it works for you. if the boards arent that starigt to each other You could also apply 3 to 4 points of glue trough one board and then quickly put the other side by side and pressing until the glue is set. then put the c clamps the glue the boards to the sled with two cauls at each side.also with glue form the glue gun. MAKE SURE IT DOESnT ROCK!!!!!
my planer is a DELTA ShopMaster TP305 15 Amp 12-1/2-Inch

not that fancy but works GREAT!!!!

CHEERS!

Attachments

#9 · (Edited)
Use the hot glue technique here

http://www.woodworkingtalk.com/f27/gotta-bowed-board-no-jointer-12927/
The bowed board could be hot glued to the straight edge for the first pass, then flipped over with the straight side against the fence. Then if desired, run thru the planer as juan shows.

In the thread above Bob Willing posted this:
"I also have a problem with a jointer because I think they sometimes taper the board so now I run them through a planer to get them parallel. I usually hold about 4 boards side by side to keep them parallel and perpendicular."
[/B] Last edited by Bob Willing; 10-29-2009 at 09:08 AM.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.