Jet Oscillating Spindle Sander Dust Port Adapter? - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum
 1Likes

post #1 of 6 Old 07-23-2020, 01:02 AM Thread Starter

View wjfeeney@hotmail.com's Photo Album My Photos
Jet Oscillating Spindle Sander Dust Port Adapter?

I just purchased a Jet Oscillating Spindle Sander that has a 2" dust port and I would like to hook my 4" dust collection hose ideally or at least my 2 1/2" shop vac hose to it. What have you done to figure this out? Thanks for the tips

Bill F.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 07-23-2020, 08:42 AM

View furnacefighter15's Photo Album My Photos
I find the flexible couplings in the plumbing sections of hardware stores work well for size adaptors.

Like these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave H
The Following User Says Thank You to furnacefighter15 For This Useful Post:
[email protected] (07-23-2020)
post #3 of 6 Old 07-23-2020, 08:53 AM
Smart and Cool

View shoot summ's Photo Album My Photos
Rockler has several options.
The Following User Says Thank You to shoot summ For This Useful Post:
[email protected] (07-23-2020)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 07-23-2020, 11:21 AM

View Tool Agnostic's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoot summ View Post
Rockler has several options.
True, but Bill lives in Pahrump. Rockler has a wide variety of dust collection fittings, but I would not buy the Rockler fittings unless I could go into a Rockler store to verify the fit with the real parts. All too often, they are close, but not close enough. DAMHIK.

Woodworker's Emporium is a Rockler independent reseller in Las Vegas, but call them first to see what they carry.
post #5 of 6 Old 07-23-2020, 04:12 PM
Smart and Cool

View shoot summ's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool Agnostic View Post
True, but Bill lives in Pahrump. Rockler has a wide variety of dust collection fittings, but I would not buy the Rockler fittings unless I could go into a Rockler store to verify the fit with the real parts. All too often, they are close, but not close enough. DAMHIK.

Woodworker's Emporium is a Rockler independent reseller in Las Vegas, but call them first to see what they carry.
That's not really going to be exclusive to Rockler, they carry the standard fittings that all of the other WW Supply stores carry. They do have their own system(Dust Right) that doesn't always match up with the "standard fittings".

The wild card isn't the fittings, it's the attachment on the machine that is going to likely be the hard part to match up to, IMO.

Pahrump is over an hour from LV, not sure if the OP wants to take a 2+ hour trip to look at a $6 fitting.

Here's a 4" to 2" on Amazon for about $7 shipped, free return if it doesn't work...

The keywords in the description are important though, that takes a 4" hose to a 2" hose, again, what the machine has is important, may need a male to male connector to make it work.

https://www.amazon.com/Woodstock-D42...5539728&sr=8-2

Last edited by shoot summ; 07-23-2020 at 05:31 PM.
post #6 of 6 Old 07-23-2020, 05:50 PM Thread Starter

View wjfeeney@hotmail.com's Photo Album My Photos
Thanks All for the replies. After being able to mic the port to be sure there is an adapter on amazon that I am fairly confident will work to attach my 4" DC hose to as it gives the ID which is 2" and the OD of the port is 2". I have been very leery of the adapters that don't give both the ID and OD.
While I wait for the adapter to arrive I wrapped the port a few times with electrical tape and my 2 1/4" ID shop vac hose fits nice and snug.
Here is the adapter from Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
shoot summ likes this.

Bill F.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode