I'm trying to locate a piece of hardware. - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 5 Old 01-14-2014, 03:45 PM Thread Starter

View killem2's Photo Album My Photos
Question I'm trying to locate a piece of hardware.

I'm making a top tier to a dungeons and dragons table I've made in the past (with help from this very forum!).

And I want to be able to raise and lower the tier, so I don't have to just lift it off the table if I don't need it in place.

I want to use spring loaded pegs, but I can't find what those are called. I thought spring loaded pegs is the right thing but it brings up nothing.

I just would like to be able to drill into the legs of this top tier I made, install these peg hardware things and then be able to push them in when I need to raise the table, and they will pop back out to hold it in place.

They are the type of hard ware you see in many office buildings, to allow for raising and lowering of employee desks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-14-2014, 11:11 PM

View johnnie52's Photo Album My Photos
I've not seen any desks that have the type of things you describe. Most of the desks I've seen that allowed the tops to adjust from a slanted surface to a straight one had holders that folded out of the way to let them slant.

If you're talking about the actual feet, those screw into the legs.

If Woodworking is so much fun why isn't it called WoodFUNNING?

I've made a few videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/johnnie52
post #3 of 5 Old 01-14-2014, 11:39 PM

View trc65's Photo Album My Photos
Are you talking about the spring-loaded pins like you might find in a pair of crutches?

This place might give you some options: http://www.reidsupply.com/products/t...oaded-devices/

"Good Behavior is the last refuge of mediocrity" -- Henry S. Haskins
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 01-15-2014, 01:49 AM
novice wood hacker

View d_slat's Photo Album My Photos
Do you mean spring loaded pins?
post #5 of 5 Old 01-15-2014, 11:07 AM Thread Starter

View killem2's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by trc65 View Post
Are you talking about the spring-loaded pins like you might find in a pair of crutches?

This place might give you some options: http://www.reidsupply.com/products/t...oaded-devices/
YES! That's what I'm looking for! :D

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode