Woodworking Talk banner

Help with finding threaded knobs for T-screw

783 views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  kwoodhands 
#1 ·
I have the T-screws going into my T-track. However, I also need some kind of threaded thumb knob so the t-screw will be tighten on the t-track. I want to be able to loosen the t-screw easily through this threaded thumb lock knob. Second, I also want a threaded 5 star knob that is similar to the thumb lock knob but in 5 star knob shape so that it's easier to move the knob up and down the t-screw. I don't know what these knobs are called. I'm pretty sure if I know their names I would be able to find it online.

Many thanks in advance!

#10 ·
You need to know the correct thread size for your T-bolts. The most common thread sizes are 1/4-20 and 5/16-18. The 3/8-16 is less common.

If you live near a woodworking store like Rockler or Woodcraft, they usually keep an assortment of jig knobs on the shelf, including the 5-star type.

#12 ·
You can get thumb screws from either Bolt Depot or Micro fasteners. They may carry the threaded knobs too.
I also make my own threaded knobs. Saw or turn a circle, lay out the 5 points, connect the points to the center.
Mark each side of this line how you want the finger grips to look and feel. Usually the perimeter fingers are thinner ,the hub area would be wider. After sawing , sand the sharp edges.
I make my knobs round, then on a metal lathe I use a knurling tool to raise the knurls. I realize few of us have metal working tools, just noting another method.
mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.