Good DC? Good price? - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 7 Old 03-23-2015, 10:45 AM Thread Starter

View therobertbrooks's Photo Album My Photos
Good DC? Good price?

A guy is moving out of state and posted a Jet DC-650 with a Dust Dog canister on top (think is a 2 micron filter) for $250. I could probably talk him down a bit because he is moving tomorrow and doesn't want to take it with him, but its probably an hour drive to where its at.

Is this a good high quality DC system? Good price?

FYI: I have a small garage shop, would use it for a table saw and a planer when I get one. Maybe a router table and chop saw dust collection if I build one.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-23-2015, 11:14 AM

View phoenixbound's Photo Album My Photos
have u googled reviews of it yet?
post #3 of 7 Old 03-23-2015, 11:33 AM Thread Starter

Yes, reviews have been positive for small shops and using one tool at a time (This is my situation exactly). Some people have said to set up a 2 stage cyclone system which would be pretty simple. I like how its portable as my shop is not in its final configuration so things are likely to move.

Just hoping to get some insight from anyone on here so I am not just going from my assumptions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 03-23-2015, 12:05 PM

View hwebb99's Photo Album My Photos
Good DC? Good price?

I have a bigger jet dust collector it is 1-1/2 hp. It easily handles my table saw, planer, drum sander, and bandsaw. One tool at a time of course.
post #5 of 7 Old 03-23-2015, 12:45 PM

View Deanr's Photo Album My Photos
I have that same DC with a 2 micron canister filter. I use it on one machine at a time and use flexible hose so I don't have it permanently plumbed. My shop is set up so other than the table saw all tools are against the wall and on roller stands. When I use them I wheel them out and have a 20', 4" hose to connect to the DC. I am very happy with this setup.

I do not get any noticeable bypass and it is relatively quiet. It has plenty of suction when using one machine. I do not have any type of cyclone attached to it. I also have the cleanup attachments that I hook to my flexible hose that work really well.

I bought mine used as well and paid $240.00. I think your price is fair and anything less will be great provided it is in good condition.
post #6 of 7 Old 03-23-2015, 01:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanr View Post
I have that same DC with a 2 micron canister filter. I use it on one machine at a time and use flexible hose so I don't have it permanently plumbed. My shop is set up so other than the table saw all tools are against the wall and on roller stands. When I use them I wheel them out and have a 20', 4" hose to connect to the DC. I am very happy with this setup.

I do not get any noticeable bypass and it is relatively quiet. It has plenty of suction when using one machine. I do not have any type of cyclone attached to it. I also have the cleanup attachments that I hook to my flexible hose that work really well.

I bought mine used as well and paid $240.00. I think your price is fair and anything less will be great provided it is in good condition.
Thanks for the insight. Hoping to work it out.. Seems like a good price and a good piece of equipment for my shop.
post #7 of 7 Old 03-23-2015, 01:41 PM Thread Starter

Looks like I can get it for $200 so as long as it's in good shape I think it's a good deal. In the pictures it looks perfect.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode