Woodworking Talk banner

First time here...maybe someone can help

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  rsetina 
#1 ·
Do they make a rubber (or plastic) cap that goes on the end of 2x4's? like to put on your sawhorse legs or work bench so they sit better on concrete etc.? I would have sworn I had seen therm before but Lowes and Home Depot dont know, i cant find anything online:censored: this is pissing me off. There has to be something out there like this right? I mean ...its pretty simple, you would think...right?

#2 ·
I dunno if they sell anything like that, someone probably does, I just wouldn't know who. Personnally I'd be tempted to acquire an old inner tube, (tire dealer, tractor dealer, lawn and garden repair outfit) and with a little creative cutting and a staple gun put booties on 'em:smile:

#3 ·
Welcome to the forum.

I recently made some new sawhorses and I used rubber feet purchased at one of the home stores. They are 1 1/2 inch in diameter, self adhesive on one side (hopefully) and fit quite well on the bottom of the 2X4, adds just a shade of padding and keeps the horse from sliding on the concrete (smooth).

Hope this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.