FINALLY! Garage space! - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 5 Old 02-11-2018, 01:49 PM Thread Starter

View Project510's Photo Album My Photos
FINALLY! Garage space!

So back in April of last year I purchased a table saw with the advice from members of this forum.

http://www.woodworkingtalk.com/f12/s...le-saw-167146/

I was only supposed to be with the inlaws for 3 months while shopped for a home, but after 8 months of touring terrible homes, or getting seriously outbid on the ones that were habitable.. we are now renting from a family member.

I finally have a garage, or well at least half of one.

The garage is a bit messy while I organize all our stuff. In order to actually have room for tools and building, I needed to get stuff out of the way so I built this hanging shelf area. I plan on making a miter station underneath it and some storage or cabinets on the wall as well. Nothing to heavy up there either, mostly holiday decor, too many boxes of unbuilt model kits and other wedding stuff the wife refuses to let go of.

Here is the table saw, and me still trying to get it back together. I cant for the life of me get the top back on perfect. Its like something is hung up on the left side so the mounting holes don't sit flat on the base. Ill figure it out eventually.

Once I get cabinets and shelving up I can clear up space and organize the tools. Its a bit of a mess.

So not the best space, but its the best I have ever had. I'm really excited.

- James
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-11-2018, 03:06 PM

View Catpower's Photo Album My Photos
Don't know about Craftsman, but a few machine manufacturers install shims between the base and top so they don't fight each other and end up warping both of them. My Davis and Wells shapers have shims between the base and top

There is no app for experience
post #3 of 5 Old 02-11-2018, 03:40 PM

View Woodshop Therapy's Photo Album My Photos
Congratulations! I remember that feeling. I've found woodworking is an evolution of skills, tools, and woodshop space. Sounds like you're having fun... enjoy that!

Scott Bennett - Sharing the enjoyment of woodworking via Woodshop Therapy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 02-11-2018, 05:24 PM
mike z

View funghi2's Photo Album My Photos
congrats man, im in a small condo in brooklyn i can only dream...
post #5 of 5 Old 02-11-2018, 06:50 PM Thread Starter

View Project510's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catpower View Post
Don't know about Craftsman, but a few machine manufacturers install shims between the base and top so they don't fight each other and end up warping both of them. My Davis and Wells shapers have shims between the base and top
It just need some finagling, I got it all set! Thanks for the tip regardless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodshop Therapy View Post
Congratulations! I remember that feeling. I've found woodworking is an evolution of skills, tools, and woodshop space. Sounds like you're having fun... enjoy that!
Yup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by funghi2 View Post
congrats man, im in a small condo in brooklyn i can only dream...
My last apartment had a 4x8 foot storage closet. All I could fit was a shelf and this tiny workbench.

- James

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode