Epoxy Seal Coat Question - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 1 Old 01-08-2019, 12:25 PM Thread Starter

View Guy White's Photo Album My Photos
Epoxy Seal Coat Question

Hello Everyone - I'm preparing to apply a bar top epoxy as the final finish for a slab of wood I've been working on. I purchased EnviroTex Lite and have been reading the directions and have spoken to the company directly regarding application. There is a lot of informaiton on the flood coat, but not so much on how to apply the seal coat. The technician that I spoke recommended using a clean cloth to rub on the epoxy for the seal coat; making certain to fill any cracks and voids in the wood. They also said I did not need to worry about applying the seal coat evenly across the entire slab. This contradicts what I've read elsewhere.

I was wondering if anyone has some suggestions on how they apply the initial epoxy seal coat - also how long do you ordinarily wait before applying the flood coat after.

As of now, I have applied a wood conditioner, stain, and a wax-free seal coat.

Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190105_143727.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	197.2 KB
ID:	370255  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
epoxy, finish, seal coat, slab

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode