4Likes
  • 1 Post By woodnthings
  • 1 Post By AmishElectricCo
  • 1 Post By t.carpenter00
  • 1 Post By hawkeye10

post #1 of 5 Old 08-05-2018, 06:14 AM Thread Starter

View mjadams61's Photo Album My Photos
dust collection.

For now I have one of them store brand lowes wet dry vacs I bought over 6 years ago. Does a good job except its starting to get a little loud so figuireing its on its last legs. I did by a cyclone unit to fit on a 31 gal steel trashcan and going to purchase another wet dry vac maybe one around the 4-6 hp range. I do have a small shop and a full size dust collection will take up alot of room. I been looking and found this one and like the price and the reviews I been finding on it and wonder if anyone has one and what are your thoughts.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Stanley-1...&wl13=&veh=sem

Marlin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-05-2018, 08:07 AM
where's my table saw?

View woodnthings's Photo Album My Photos
Shop vacs are noisy!

Look for the quietest shop vac with the same suction power as others. At the time Rigid was among the most quiet, so I bought several at once since they were on sale at Home Depot. I like them, quiet and work great.
Read the all reviews:

https://www.amazon.com/quiet-shop-va...t%20shop%20vac

http://www.woodworkersjournal.com/shop-vacuum-roundup/

https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...l_5104x2kntq_p

https://bestreviews.com/best-wet-dry...7Bplacement%7D

There is another use for a shop vac which has a head that removes for use as a blower. The Rigids have this feature and I use mine for blowing the leaves out of the gutter with several extension pipes hooked together. I am no longer on the roof doing this core 4 or 5 times in the fall, here in Michigan.
mjadams61 likes this.

The answer to your question will only be as detailed and specific as the question is detailed and specific. Good questions also include a sketch or a photo that illustrates your issue. (:< D)

Last edited by woodnthings; 08-05-2018 at 08:12 AM.
post #3 of 5 Old 08-05-2018, 08:09 AM

View AmishElectricCo's Photo Album My Photos
I would be concerned with the CFM of the Stanley. A similar model 10 gallon Shop Vac w/ 6.5 HP motor moves 195 CFM, almost double that of the Stanley (100).

For perspective, I have a much smaller Shop Vac (6 gal, 4.5 HP) and it moves 170 CFM.
mjadams61 likes this.

⚡ Anthony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 08-05-2018, 08:40 AM

View t.carpenter00's Photo Album My Photos
I have a friend with a small trim/cabinet shop. He uses a large 16 gal craftsman. It works incredibly well. It will even keep up with his Dewalt planner. I have the large ridgid for my table saw. I'm less than impressed with it, despite having more cfms than anything else out there. But, there are other factors in my situation. The craftsman vac is impressive though.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
mjadams61 likes this.
post #5 of 5 Old 08-05-2018, 09:59 AM

View hawkeye10's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by t.carpenter00 View Post
I have a friend with a small trim/cabinet shop. He uses a large 16 gal craftsman. It works incredibly well. It will even keep up with his Dewalt planner. I have the large ridgid for my table saw. I'm less than impressed with it, despite having more cfms than anything else out there. But, there are other factors in my situation. The craftsman vac is impressive though.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
I have my Dewalt planer hooked to my big dust collector and I don't really have to turn the big dust collector on. The Dewalt planer will blow out the dust by itself.
mjadams61 likes this.

Don in Murfreesboro, TN.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode