Crooked blade raising mechanism - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 5 Old 12-03-2018, 12:53 AM Thread Starter

View CaSpyderMan's Photo Album My Photos
Crooked blade raising mechanism

It took me several hours to figure out what the hell was going on but I have finally figured out the problem! (But now don’t know what to do about it).

I bought a new Rigid R4512 table saw and put the Incra TS-LS fence/router table/lift combo on it and I really don’t want to return this beast now that I’ve got everything put on it and fully calibrated.

My problem is that with the blade raised to a few inches above the table I have the blade aligned perfectly with the miter slot and fence, but when I raise the blade all the way up, the back of the blade is now 3/64ths closer to the slot. The mechanism that raises the blade does not do so straight.

A) is this common?
B) is there any adjustment to straighten this out &
C) if not, 3/64ths is too much to allow for a table saw blade, no? That’s a burn, kickback and poor jointery fit risk, right?

God I don’t want to take this all apart and haul that 250lb beast back up the stairs! Any help will be a SUPER appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-03-2018, 02:49 AM
where's my table saw?

View woodnthings's Photo Album My Photos
Apparently a "common" issue ...

I did a search for "Rigid blade alignment issue" and found several links:
https://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt...fr=sfp&iscqry=

The video is NOT a fix, and there is a factory replacement trunnion stamped with a II which is. See the photos at the bottom of this thread:
http://lumberjocks.com/topics/65101

The answer to your question will only be as detailed and specific as the question is detailed and specific. Good questions also include a sketch or a photo that illustrates your issue. (:< D)

Last edited by woodnthings; 12-03-2018 at 03:18 AM.
post #3 of 5 Old 12-03-2018, 07:38 PM Thread Starter

View CaSpyderMan's Photo Album My Photos
Funny I was trying to be too specific in my search keywords, thanks so much for finding that, it is a huge help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 12-04-2018, 10:19 AM

View gmercer_48083's Photo Album My Photos
Why would you want to keep a saw from a manufacturer that knows there is a problem and doesn't admit and recall it? Take it back and go shopping. That is like giving your cold hard cash to a thief.

Gary
post #5 of 5 Old 12-07-2018, 11:56 PM
Generic Weeb

View WeebyWoodWorker's Photo Album My Photos
Well that's awful sketchy, if I bought a tool with a problem like that then I'd make sure I got my money back.

-T

God I love Trigger. Inferno Cop is exactly the sort of idiocy they do, It's what makes them so cool. Met them all, great guys.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode