Woodworking Talk banner

[Critique Design] Help me build my All-in-One Modular Organizer/Shelf/Desk

763 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  One 
#1 ·
So I have a small studio and i need to move my crates often. each crate has a project in it. When the crates are stacked I need to take some off to get to the one I'm looking for. That creates a big mess real quick -- especially if I have to get a crate from each stack. I also have to stack them heavy to light -- or else! These clear crates that I bought at Costgo are awesome because I can see through them! Brilliant!

http://www.costcobusinessdelivery.co....11943392.html

I designed a shelving system, that I think is well balanced, on rollers with a built in shelves and desk. It has a base 4 crates wide and 3 crates high before the desk starts. The back part of the system is for the crates and the front is for shelves for light items (helps with center of gravity/stability issues.

I also want the upper part of this system to be removable so if i have to take it to a place with low ceilings I could just take the upper part off. Maybe I can mount it using 10 or so of these (I couldn't figure out what they are called): (look at attached image of a latch)

I will build 3+ of these to increase my storage/work area.

Now that I designed it [looks]... I need some help building it. I don't even know where to start! How are these things supposed to come together? No idea...

Thanks everyone!

:yes:

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.