Sorry guys so long on a response.....my usual webtime is late at night after work.
That's a bummer, Tim. I do hope you get this resolved. Did they take a deposit (none of my business, just curious)?
Yes a deposit BUT they stated to return in full $1000.00 ......WELL that's a drop in the bucket as to what I've LOST.....NOT just the frustration, I've sold my mill slightly under value to move it, the income from that AND the lump I'd saved for ALL the necessary things needed for the saw and set-up which would've been 2017 expenses I now have to pay estimated $6,000.00 in taxes due to they weren't spent. Which makes me $6 grand short for the 2018 year to replace it when I can. Kinda makes a man feel like he's had the breathe KNOCKED out of him. The LORD'S bigger, I'll survive!!!
Something is very odd. They are in the business of making saw mills and they turn your order down? Was there anything about the saw that was custom made just for you?
You're correct on the ODD !!! Custom NO, BUT Options yes!!!! In the beginning I asked for hieght specs/clearances and told 96"...COOL that'll fit in my building with extra (I almost poured the concrete floor BUT something wouldn't settle in my Spirit to do it). I opted for a 3 phase electric motor instead of gas for indoor use set-up, with 21'log cut length bed and a 120 volt forward /reverse drive.... ALL standard options. I inquired about a phase converter and the rep was like ????? , none through them so I checked around and found a company that the motor mfg had dealings with before and was able to get a VFD drive set-up in a price range to fit my budget new....Cook's didn't want to hook it up due to they said they couldn't test it (???why????)....ALL the vfd mfg needed was a electrical schematic showing switches, safeties,motor hook-up, etc. ,etc. and we'd hook it up after the build....we couldn't get enough specs to know where current was coming in to what, what some of the connections were (we guessed switches BUT wasn't labeled) and what wires operated starter (which gets disconnected with a vfd drive) and what operated the motor, he even spoke to them to go over them and couldn't get good answers....so we (vfd mfg and I) opted to just wait to build vfd AFTER I had the mill (NO PROBLEM!!!) ....2 months later....Last Friday morning Cook's released a you-tube of this unit about it's power options (up/down...fwd/rev) and I noticed when they raised the head all the way up there were posts sticking way up in the air and I immediately called Cook's to inquire due to I was told 96"....they then told me they were part of the lift and reached approx 170 " or 14'+" , I advised them I needed a DEFINITE measurement because I knew I didn't have that and needed to know my options (hung over the barrel NOW!!!) they called later and spec'd 11'8" which is a IFFY without the concrete But definite NOT with concrete EVEN after I changed positions of the layout. Monday I again asked about my options which were??? I asked to give me a few locations nearby so I could go out and look at this hieght issue incase I had to fix the problem and I'd know my options....Monday evening I happened to check my email early (the rep was used to me only checking late at night) and found the first notice they were canceling!!! (didn't have the nonades to call me )...I called him up and asked what was up...started a bunch of BS and I just politely stopped him and said I only had 1 request and that was to talk with one of the owner brothers on conference call to clear all this up because I was basically screwed. He first hum hauled around with excuses why I couldn't then said he would......40 minutes later the Rep returned a call and said everything was worked out and I'd have it 3rd week in January........A LONG PAUSE from me....I stated to him...."..I had only ONE request and that was to talk to one of the owners and that was ALL that was going to satisfy me..." AGAIN he got all these BS excuses".... why I couldn't/wouldn't talk with them..." I just politely told him AGAIN "....I ONLY had ONE REQUEST and that was to talk with one of the owners....PLEASE make that happen"....another day went by (Weds)and I had to call the rep again and ask "....when was this going to take place????..." Again the BS excuses why they normally don't talk.... I stated AGAIN "...I had only ONE REQUEST and that was to talk with one of the owners...." Weds afternoon when I got home I found the second email notice from the Reps boss that they decided again (2nd time) to cancel and refund my deposit. Again NO one can give a personal call.
I did find a old email from 2014 from Tim (one of the owners) to which I sent a request to him for a personal call regarding this whole situation....SADLY he hasn't responded either (he may just be out of the office)...I personally don't think either of the owners know... I definitely don't think Tim would avoid the request.
ODD ...YES!!!! I've NEVER seen a owner that wasn't interested in why a customer couldn't be helped, IF there was a solution BEFORE canceling (some things can't be resolved) . I'd understand IF I'd been hateful, or rude, or threatening.....all I requested was to talk to one of the owners...I had/have a compromise that would've been a win/win for both parties (timing now may be TOO LATE!!!) BUT I'm ONLY dealing with the owners which have final say....I'm tired of all the "middle men" whom have kept this screwed up and have NO negotiation powers in the final say at the point we're at.
Lengthy BUT is actually a short version of the back and forths re the electrical.
I still stand my ground...My God is bigger!!! This is just a stepping stone for something BIGGER!!! I've seen this before....My reactions in CHRIST effect the GREATNESS of His Awesome Powers!!! AMEN