Armor Auto-Jig Pocket Hole System? - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By GreyhoundGuy

post #1 of 3 Old 12-17-2018, 07:01 PM Thread Starter

View TwoRails's Photo Album My Photos
Armor Auto-Jig Pocket Hole System?

Anybody use the Armor Auto-Jig Pocket Hole System? Is it any good? Do you like it?

I just heard about it from April Wilkersonís just released video (link below) and it looks pretty cool.

I have a Kreg system I bought, oh, 12-15 years ago and it work fine but the problem is I use it so infrequent that I have to re-learn it each time I use it by making a bunch of test holes to get things right. That makes the auto feature of the Auto Jig very appealing to me.

But then all the moving parts on the Auto Jig makes me a little apprehensiveÖ.

Thoughts? Comments?

PS: I assume that Kreg screws will work with it. Anybody know for sure?

Armor Auto-Jig Pocket Hole System link:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...42b62463dba571
April Wilkersonís link:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-17-2018, 09:47 PM
Joel / Junior Member

View GreyhoundGuy's Photo Album My Photos
My first thought was that it was a fantastic system. Everything works well together, and seems to run smoothly. It definitely saves time and eliminates questions like, "Do I have the collar on the drill bit set right?"

My second thought was that the setup includes a LOT of moving parts. If one part goes down, then the whole system most likely goes down... and then you're left trying to set everything manually again.

Don't get me wrong, I would definitely like to give this a try. For my money (until some reviews come in after some heavy duty use), I'll stay with my Kreg.

-Joel
mjadams61 likes this.

Save an Athlete! Adopt a Greyhound!!
post #3 of 3 Old 12-18-2018, 08:30 AM

View Packard's Photo Album My Photos
I have the similar design Porter Cable unit. It is made from cast aluminum and is machined. It is much faster to use than my old Kreg unit. Very happy with it. It has been around a long time and has Porter-Cable to back it up. It is the same price as the Armor unit.

I just watched the Armor video. It looks to be a plastic knock off of the P-C unit. The P-C jig also auto adjusts. The P-C unit allows for different hole spacing. It includes a clamp, drill bit and two square drive bits. It is heavy enough to support most work, and can be screwed to a bench or wall.

Given the price parity, the P-C jig would still be my first choice.

https://www.amazon.com/PORTER-CABLE-...ocket+hole+jig

Last edited by Packard; 12-18-2018 at 08:35 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode