• 1 Post By Quickstep
  • 1 Post By Catpower
  • 1 Post By woodnthings
  • 2 Post By woodnthings

post #1 of 18 Old 12-30-2018, 11:51 AM Thread Starter
where's my table saw?

View woodnthings's Photo Album My Photos
The 2019 Grizzly "wish book" arrived!

My newest Grizzly catalog of everything wood and metal working, even gunsmithing and guitar building has me wishing I had won the Lotto!

There is 806 pages to this "book" and it's free for the asking. Go to www.grizzly.com and open the " free catalog" page, fill it out and wait for it to show up. The web site has not updated to the 2019 catalogs yet. You will learn a whole lot about woodworking by just reading the product descriptions of each machine or blade or cutter or accessory. Trust me, that's why I'm so "smart' .... just sayin'

https://www.grizzly.com/catalogs
shoot summ likes this.

The answer to your question will only be as detailed and specific as the question is detailed and specific. Good questions also include a sketch or a photo that illustrates your issue. (:< D)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 12-30-2018, 02:29 PM
Smart and Cool

View shoot summ's Photo Album My Photos
It's even better when you pick it up in the store in person!

I stop in the Springfield, MO several times a year, was there a couple of weeks ago. Will be there again in a couple of weeks.

I always take my truck, just in case I cave in and buy something...
woodnthings and Catpower like this.
post #3 of 18 Old 12-30-2018, 03:27 PM

View Quickstep's Photo Album My Photos
I got a copy (unrequested) on Friday. Thereís stuff in there Iíve never even heard of before (but now want :)
woodnthings likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 12-30-2018, 03:54 PM

View Catpower's Photo Album My Photos
I got mine Friday, am heading to the shop to see how much the prices went up, from 2012-2017 they were about 2-3% last year was about a straight 10%, this one is quite a bit more I do believe, at least from China they are more, 25% tariff on line they added it in print it is part of the price so I guess even if the tariff war gets over we will still be paying 25% more

About 4-5 years ago I bought their 22x42 lathe I think it is a G0766, it was the second year they had it, and then it was on sale I got it for $1300 something, now it is about $2300, but it is a real nice lathe

Glad I got it. We are working on selling our place and I was just going to auction all the tools and stuff but I am more inclined to figure out a storage/shipping plan to keep what I have, it will be the small things I would take a royal beating on, but the big stuff will be a lot more to replace too

There is no app for experience
post #5 of 18 Old 12-30-2018, 06:12 PM

They hardly raised the prices so it looks like they might not have to pay the tariffs

post #6 of 18 Old 12-30-2018, 08:15 PM

View ramonajim's Photo Album My Photos
Got mine, and immediately dropped Grizzly several notches in terms of my assessment of them as a company.

In this day and with our understanding of natural resource management, there is no excuse for producing and distributing (to some extent unsolicited) such a massive waste of paper.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Redefining normal daily.
post #7 of 18 Old 12-30-2018, 08:47 PM Thread Starter
where's my table saw?

You will give yours away then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramonajim View Post
Got mine, and immediately dropped Grizzly several notches in terms of my assessment of them as a company.

In this day and with our understanding of natural resource management, there is no excuse for producing and distributing (to some extent unsolicited) such a massive waste of paper.

Someone would probably really like to have it. Do you have any friends?

The answer to your question will only be as detailed and specific as the question is detailed and specific. Good questions also include a sketch or a photo that illustrates your issue. (:< D)
post #8 of 18 Old 12-31-2018, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramonajim View Post

Yeah it is kind of like the pollution producing and recycling the lithium ion battery in you LG-H910

Some people still like to look at paper catalogs and if not recycle them
addictivewoodworks likes this.

post #9 of 18 Old 12-31-2018, 12:37 PM

View Tool Agnostic's Photo Album My Photos
I ordered a Grizzly 10 inch wet grinder last summer. Late last week, the huge, heavy Grizzly catalog arrived in the mail. I did not request it. The cover was damaged and torn, but the catalog was otherwise intact.

I was surprised to see that Grizzly sells other brands of tools in their catalog, tools that compete directly with their own products.
post #10 of 18 Old 12-31-2018, 02:33 PM Thread Starter
where's my table saw?

That's capitaism at it's best ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool Agnostic View Post
I ordered a Grizzly 10 inch wet grinder last summer. Late last week, the huge, heavy Grizzly catalog arrived in the mail. I did not request it. The cover was damaged and torn, but the catalog was otherwise intact.

I was surprised to see that Grizzly sells other brands of tools in their catalog, tools that compete directly with their own products.

I was surprised to find out that they purchased the brand and rights to sell South Bend lathes and equipment and are the primary distributor. That's a good thing rather than have a great brand die on the vine and have part no longer available.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Bend_Lathe
shoot summ likes this.

Last edited by woodnthings; 12-31-2018 at 02:38 PM.
post #11 of 18 Old 12-31-2018, 02:37 PM
RAM Man

View sweensdv's Photo Album My Photos
Pretty sure that Grizzly doesn't just send out catalogs to everyone. I'm on their email mailing list but I didn't get a catalog this year or last year either. I used to get them in the past and I'm sure that I haven't received the last two because I haven't purchased anything from Grizzly for a couple of years at least. I used to love receiving catalogs from not only Grizzly but many other companies and actually used them all the time. Times have changed and nowadays I find it much easier and faster to just use a companies website to look-up information I want. Wasn't all that many years ago that I would actually use an order form to write up my order then mail it in and wait 2-6 weeks for the order to arrive. Like I said, times have changed.

Dave

Life is like a roll of toilet paper.
The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.
post #12 of 18 Old 12-31-2018, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweensdv View Post
Pretty sure that Grizzly doesn't just send out catalogs to everyone. I'm on their email mailing list but I didn't get a catalog this year or last year either. I used to get them in the past and I'm sure that I haven't received the last two because I haven't purchased anything from Grizzly for a couple of years at least. I used to love receiving catalogs from not only Grizzly but many other companies and actually used them all the time. Times have changed and nowadays I find it much easier and faster to just use a companies website to look-up information I want. Wasn't all that many years ago that I would actually use an order form to write up my order then mail it in and wait 2-6 weeks for the order to arrive. Like I said, times have changed.

Back in the 80's I ordered a shaper from them and some cutters to play with, I was surprised the shaper got here motor freight before the cutters, then I looked at the fine print, the cutters were back ordered

I felt like the Grinch attacked me even though it was in the summer LOL

post #13 of 18 Old 12-31-2018, 05:26 PM Thread Starter
where's my table saw?

That's why I called it a "wish book" .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweensdv View Post

I remember reading the Sears catalog under the light from a kerosene lamp at night after a hard days work on Grandpa's farm when I was about 10 years old. I concentrated on the guns and tool sections which I had memorized. I wished I could have some of those tools and when it came time to go to town I knew which rifle I wanted. I was 13 years old by then and purchased the JC Higgins model 31, a .22 semi-auto with a built in Nylon sling that retracted into the stock. I needed Mom's approval in writing so when that letter showed up, off we went with my allowance money in hand.

The rifle cost about $35.00 or so and Grandpa was in charge of the ammo, Mom's orders. Summers on the farm were the best thing that could have happened to a city kid! Grandpa was a "horse whisperer" and could tame even the wildest horse. I still remember the sound a horse made was he was castrated..... what ever they did to it I wanted no part of it and stayed far away. Life was great back then .....
Catpower and WeebyWoodWorker like this.

post #14 of 18 Old 12-31-2018, 06:10 PM

View Onefreetexan's Photo Album My Photos
There is simply not enough paper being used,,,,,our timber holdings have been managed very carefully for years, and we will never run out of wood...However, about 30 miles away there WAS a paper mill that made fine paper for yearly reports to stockholder, etc. all sorts of quality paper,, good shiney stock etc. they closed....Over 1200 workers out of business, not counting the pulpwood workers.. that killed any entire industry,
post #15 of 18 Old 12-31-2018, 06:11 PM

View Onefreetexan's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodnthings View Post
I remember reading the Sears catalog under the light from a kerosene lamp at night after a hard days work on Grandpa's farm when I was about 10 years old. I concentrated on the guns and tool sections which I had memorized. I wished I could have some of those tools and when it came time to go to town I knew which rifle I wanted. I was 13 years old by then and purchased the JC Higgins model 31, a .22 semi-auto with a built in Nylon sling that retracted into the stock. I needed Mom's approval in writing so when that letter showed up, off we went with my allowance money in hand.

The rifle cost about $35.00 or so and Grandpa was in charge of the ammo, Mom's orders. Summers on the farm were the best thing that could have happened to a city kid! Grandpa was a "horse whisperer" and could tame even the wildest horse. I still remember the sound a horse made was he was castrated..... what ever they did to it I wanted no part of it and stayed far away. Life was great back then .....

I still have one of those JC Higgins 31 with the sling intact.
post #16 of 18 Old 12-31-2018, 06:37 PM

Quote:

In 1968 I turned 14 and that was the minimum age to go deer hunting in Wyoming, I had been working all summer to save up enough money to buy a new Remington 700 BDL in 30-06 it was $125.00, I stacked 12,500 hay bales to pay for it, actually a lot ore then that but I saved #125 out of the summer work

My Mom was visiting her sister, and since I had Dad alone I was on the non stop let me, let me, let me, buy it. He finally said if it is okay with Mom he would let me buy it. Mom called before she left to come home and asked if there was anything she needed ot pick up on the way home. I told her to stop in Schaller and get the rifle, she said is Dad okay with this I told her Yup we talked it over

So she gets home and we meet her to unload the car and Dad saw the box the rifle was in and asked WTH is this? I said you said I could have it, he said I said we would talk it over with Mom when she got home. Panic struck so i said well she picked it up for me so she must be okay with it, that dog didn't hunt LOL

Do you know how hard it is to have a brand new gun and not be able to shoot it for a month? LOL

They finally gave in after a few days, and I got an 8 point Muley with it that fall

post #17 of 18 Old 12-31-2018, 06:42 PM

Quote:

I'd probably make quite a bit of noise if I was getting castrated too LOL

post #18 of 18 Old 01-08-2019, 09:42 PM
Smart and Cool

View shoot summ's Photo Album My Photos
I'll be at the Springfield Grizzly store Friday morning, I'm like a kid before Christmas, can't wait... :)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode