replacement hinges for medicine cabinet - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 5 Old 04-06-2018, 10:12 AM Thread Starter

View Darkk Helmet's Photo Album My Photos
replacement hinges for medicine cabinet

I have a 10 year old good quality medicine cabinet but one of the hinges gave up the ghost and the other isn't far behind. Trying to find replacement hinges has become quite the task and I was hoping someone here could help.

The cabinet is a two hinge single door weighing 19 lbs with mirrors on the outside and inside. The cabinet is frameless and full overlay from what I have read. I have determined the original hinges are 170 degree swing. Working with Rockler and Cabinetparts.com has been pretty useless. I think I have found a replacement but would like to have a little more confidence before purchasing. Pictures of the original hinge and the replacement are below.

Replacement: http://www.rockler.com/full-overlay-...ss-hinges-pair

edit: Rockler replied and confirmed this is the correct replacement.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hinge.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	460.1 KB
ID:	354170  

Attached Images

Last edited by Darkk Helmet; 04-06-2018 at 10:40 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-06-2018, 01:42 PM

View Steve Neul's Photo Album My Photos
The hinge you have on the link is pretty close but isn't as heavy duty. You might look at this one. http://www.cupboardware.com.au/compo...clip-top-hinge
post #3 of 5 Old 04-07-2018, 09:20 AM Thread Starter

thanks but..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Neul View Post
The hinge you have on the link is pretty close but isn't as heavy duty. You might look at this one. http://www.cupboardware.com.au/compo...clip-top-hinge
Thanks for the info but aren't they both the same Blum hinge? Hard to tell without a manufacturers part number to compare.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 04-07-2018, 10:05 AM

View Steve Neul's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkk Helmet View Post
Thanks for the info but aren't they both the same Blum hinge? Hard to tell without a manufacturers part number to compare.
Unless they changed things they made one 170 degrees for a very light weight door and a heavier one for larger doors.
post #5 of 5 Old 04-08-2018, 09:21 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Steve. I decided on the ones I posted for a simple reason. All the necessary parts are included. After looking at the site you suggested I just wasn't sure I could put the correct parts together to make the hinges I need. If the ones I ordered look too flimsy for the replacement I will take another look at the ones you suggest.

Tags
frameless, hinge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode