need help locating had to find window/door trim - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 4 Old 12-23-2012, 02:26 PM Thread Starter

View vcpatel1122's Photo Album My Photos
need help locating had to find window/door trim

Hi all. I own a 1950s ranch which I have been slowly remodeling. I've gutted the kitchen and replaced the floors and cabinets. My mistake for not being careful when I removed the old trim. Regardless, I need more anyway as I plan to use the same trim when I build an addition as well. I want matching trim to the rest of my house. I've attached 3 pictures of the trim pieces I need. Can anyone steer me in the right direction to locate this trim. Worst case if I can find a router bit. Thank you for your help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	trim.JPG
Views:	279
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	57854  

Click image for larger version

Name:	window casing lower.JPG
Views:	265
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	57856  

Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-23-2012, 03:14 PM

View GeorgeC's Photo Album My Photos
I think that you are going to have a lot of trouble finding the exact trim that you want.

If you are remodeling the whole house, why not just totally change out the trim?

George
post #3 of 4 Old 12-23-2012, 05:23 PM

View dennisdev50's Photo Album My Photos
I had the same issue on a home my son purchased. Yr built was 1951. I went ahead and custom made to match it. Had to do 30'. Took some time to set up ... Sure was less of a problem than taking out and replacing molding in the whole house. Cost less too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 12-26-2012, 07:28 AM

View Steve Neul's Photo Album My Photos
You may be able to find some molding similar in pine but you're not going to find that molding. Normally the least expensive route is to change out the molding in the entire room. There are many places around that either have a molder or shaper that can custom make the cutting knives to match your molding but the tooling is expensive. I would charge $300.00 for the first foot of molding like that in my shop. Another option if you wish to make the molding yourself is there is a molding cutters made to fit a table saw that uses a single blade or three blades. I used cutters like that made by craftsman before I bought a shaper. You can purchase blank blades and grind your own shape on the cutters. Its basicly the same process as one would use if they had a molder or shaper but the tool is inexpensive. For a shop to do it the labor to make a set of knives is the expense.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode