Mounting Question for BLUMOTION Tandem Plus Drawer Slides - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 8 Old 04-16-2018, 04:43 PM Thread Starter

View Lovegasoline's Photo Album My Photos
Mounting Question for BLUMOTION Tandem Plus Drawer Slides

I bought a couple pair of BLUMOTION Tandem Plus #563H331-02B drawer slides.
I purchased these online and I don't have any mounting hardware for them.
They are going to be used for two kitchen flatware drawers, with an overlay, going into a built-in face frame cabinet from the 1920s.
The back wall of the cabinet is plaster on lath construction.
I'm used to making my own wood slides/runners or mounting simple metal slides, so this slide design is new territory for me. The Blum materials appear very detailed ... but also a little complex.

For those familiar with this product, what's the simplest way to mount the slides for this application? Reading through the instructions I may be wrong but it looks like rear mounting the slides isn't an option with these (if it is an option, what additional hardware would I need to purchase?). Conversely, will I need to block in the sides of the cabinet to make a support for the slides to mount to?

Thanks a bunch!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 05-16-2018, 04:36 PM

View plasma800's Photo Album My Photos
I think you are correct on the read mounting once you pass a certain weight. I think they do make a rear clip you can order separate or you can build out the inside of the cabinet to be flush with the face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=nsPkQVZS8pY
post #3 of 8 Old 05-16-2018, 04:38 PM

also this page ( for a different size) but down on the left is a list of tech documents, and then also below are links to rear mounting options.

https://www.cabinetparts.com/p/blum-...es-BS563H3050B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 05-16-2018, 04:41 PM

You can also see here --> http://outwater.com/lg_display.cfm/p...Master_Catalog they show in the diagram the rear mounting brackets for 563 slides. They might be listed on some following pages.
post #5 of 8 Old 05-16-2018, 04:45 PM

post #6 of 8 Old 05-16-2018, 05:32 PM

View Steve Neul's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovegasoline View Post
I bought a couple pair of BLUMOTION Tandem Plus #563H331-02B drawer slides.
I purchased these online and I don't have any mounting hardware for them.
They are going to be used for two kitchen flatware drawers, with an overlay, going into a built-in face frame cabinet from the 1920s.
The back wall of the cabinet is plaster on lath construction.
I'm used to making my own wood slides/runners or mounting simple metal slides, so this slide design is new territory for me. The Blum materials appear very detailed ... but also a little complex.

For those familiar with this product, what's the simplest way to mount the slides for this application? Reading through the instructions I may be wrong but it looks like rear mounting the slides isn't an option with these (if it is an option, what additional hardware would I need to purchase?). Conversely, will I need to block in the sides of the cabinet to make a support for the slides to mount to?

Thanks a bunch!
All that is needed is a piece of wood about 3" wide running from the back side of the faceframe to the wall on each side. You might attach a piece of wood about 3" wide to the wall first to attach the bracket to. I normally make the bracket out of 1/2" plywood and put a 1/2"x1/2" piece of solid wood on the very front and put a 3/4"x3/4" block of wood at the back on the inside. I attach the drawer brackets at the front first, put the drawer in and adjust the drawer around to where it fits right and then nail the 3/4" blocks at the back.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	drawer slide.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	303.6 KB
ID:	360202  

post #7 of 8 Old 05-18-2018, 04:39 PM Thread Starter

View Lovegasoline's Photo Album My Photos
Thanks for all the help.
Actually these can be mounted with optional rear brackets. I spoke with Blum and I was confused as there's a slide with the same model number but it has a period (.) in the number and that version will not work with a rear bracket. Overlooking the dot has caused the confusion.

Steve I'll look deeper into your drawing when I have a little free time (also I've made the cabinet these are destined for deeper by a few inches so I'm going to buy a couple pairs 3" longer slides, get some more wood, and make longer drawers).
I don't think the side support is necessary if I use a rear mount bracket(?).
post #8 of 8 Old 05-19-2018, 04:37 PM

View ibelimitless's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovegasoline View Post
I don't think the side support is necessary if I use a rear mount bracket(?).
I use these slides all the time and only put 2 screws into the face frame and a few through the rear brackets. Never had an issue. The brackets allow a little play as well so drawers don't need to be quite as perfect.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode