High end custom cabinetry - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 10 Old 01-05-2011, 11:22 PM Thread Starter
Law hicks millwork

View Millwork Master's Photo Album My Photos
Hey everyone I'm new to this forum thing so it's nice to know that there other people out there with a true passion for woodworking. I work for my dad who owns law and hicks millwork and was just going to post some pictures up here to see what everyone thinks. I know they are kinda crappy pictures because I don't know how to edit them on my iPad so if you want hit up the web site at www.lawhicksmillwork.com

Thanks,
Adam Law

Yea definitely go to the web page haha
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 01-12-2011, 06:10 PM

View Andrew1's Photo Album My Photos
Hi Adam, work looks great. Im new here to this forum too. Even on the website its hard to look at specific craftmenship details. Me personally, Im a sucker for distressed looking cabinetry and furniture. Kinda funny considering my background. Go figure.Was there an issue in particular you were wanting an opinion about?

Andrew
www.planerknives-n-blades.com
702-641-2020
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew1 For This Useful Post:
PureVision (03-16-2011)
post #3 of 10 Old 02-04-2011, 10:37 PM

View Jordy3738's Photo Album My Photos
Beautiful work. How do you design something like that with your customers? I'm guessing that you have a catalog or something?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 02-05-2011, 02:30 PM Thread Starter
Law hicks millwork

View Millwork Master's Photo Album My Photos
Really with the type of clients that we work with the designer just gives a budget and we do a complete custom design from the ground up on a cad program. It is a lot of fun because we can really run wild with our ideas and make some really nice stuff. If you have any tips or tricks to offer or need any help with anything then just write me back.
post #5 of 10 Old 02-05-2011, 11:44 PM

View sawdustman's Photo Album My Photos
I thought I could learn something on this blog. Nothing to learn here.
post #6 of 10 Old 02-06-2011, 11:23 AM

View Devon7234's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawdustman View Post
You must be mildly retarded if you have failed to learn anything from this forum.
The Following User Says Thank You to Devon7234 For This Useful Post:
Roger Newby (02-06-2011)
post #7 of 10 Old 02-07-2011, 03:11 PM

View Oldtimecarpenter's Photo Album My Photos
I'm new on this forum and have been a carpenter and cabinetmaker for over 40 years. Sure a lot of the talk is fundamental but I consider myself lucky if I pick up a few things that I didn't know. I enjoy my profession to this day, and plan to continue to practice my profession and learn from people willing to submit ideas and their knowledge. That's what it's all about!
post #8 of 10 Old 02-07-2011, 03:23 PM
where's my table saw?

View woodnthings's Photo Album My Photos
The "blog" vs the "forum" vs the "thread"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawdustman View Post
If you mean this "thread" I totally agree. It's a thinly veiled attempt at creating interest in a link to a site. Usually referred to here as "advertising" and frowned upon by first posters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devon7234 View Post
You must be mildly retarded if you have failed to learn anything from this forum.
I wouldn't make a personal attack on a comment, especially if there is a possiblity of a mis-understanding of terminology. Better to ignore and let it be. It will sort itself out eventually. JMO. bill

The answer to your question will only be as detailed and specific as the question is detailed and specific. Good questions also include a sketch or a photo that illustrates your issue. (:< D)

Last edited by woodnthings; 02-07-2011 at 04:10 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to woodnthings For This Useful Post:
BWSmith (02-07-2011)
post #9 of 10 Old 02-07-2011, 03:42 PM
Really underground garage

View BWSmith's Photo Album My Photos
Just be careful Devon,know you didn't mean anything by the comment.Its just that forums,in general are on a teetering edge for serious negative abusivness.This is one of the best forums in keeping that at bay.........tell him you're sorry and give him a smooch,haha.BW
post #10 of 10 Old 02-08-2011, 09:21 AM

View sawdustman's Photo Album My Photos
No appologies necessary

I was referring to this thread in particular. This forum has been very helpful in the past. I thought I could learn something about "high end carpentry," maybe some of the special techniques needed. I was just commenting that I didnj't see any helpful information here. Sorry for the misunderstanding. It takes a lot of time to help out us inexperienced woodworkers with all our "dumb" questions.

Thanks for all your help in the past and in the future. I'll try not to express any opinions that might be conceived as negative.

Pete

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode