Woodworking Talk banner

High end custom cabinetry

6K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  sawdustman 
#1 ·
Hey everyone I'm new to this forum thing so it's nice to know that there other people out there with a true passion for woodworking. I work for my dad who owns law and hicks millwork and was just going to post some pictures up here to see what everyone thinks. I know they are kinda crappy pictures because I don't know how to edit them on my iPad so if you want hit up the web site at www.lawhicksmillwork.com

Thanks,
Adam Law

Yea definitely go to the web page haha

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Really with the type of clients that we work with the designer just gives a budget and we do a complete custom design from the ground up on a cad program. It is a lot of fun because we can really run wild with our ideas and make some really nice stuff. If you have any tips or tricks to offer or need any help with anything then just write me back.

#7 ·
I'm new on this forum and have been a carpenter and cabinetmaker for over 40 years. Sure a lot of the talk is fundamental but I consider myself lucky if I pick up a few things that I didn't know. I enjoy my profession to this day, and plan to continue to practice my profession and learn from people willing to submit ideas and their knowledge. That's what it's all about!

#9 ·
Just be careful Devon,know you didn't mean anything by the comment.Its just that forums,in general are on a teetering edge for serious negative abusivness.This is one of the best forums in keeping that at bay.........tell him you're sorry and give him a smooch,haha.BW

#10 ·
No appologies necessary

I was referring to this thread in particular. This forum has been very helpful in the past. I thought I could learn something about "high end carpentry," maybe some of the special techniques needed. I was just commenting that I didnj't see any helpful information here. Sorry for the misunderstanding. It takes a lot of time to help out us inexperienced woodworkers with all our "dumb" questions.

Thanks for all your help in the past and in the future. I'll try not to express any opinions that might be conceived as negative.:smile:

Pete

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.