Are You Lost? Ask A WoodworkingTalk Moderator - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum
 23Likes

post #1 of 105 Old 06-25-2014, 07:27 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

View Cricket's Photo Album My Photos
Arrow Are You Lost? Ask A WoodworkingTalk Moderator

Anytime you join a new community you are likely to feel a little lost at first. Perhaps you are not sure if something is against the rules, or you can't figure out which forum to post your question in, this is the perfect place to ask a moderator for help so that we can point you the right direction. Just post your question as a reply to this thread, and the first available moderator will respond.

"Show respect even to people who donít deserve it, not as a reflection of their character, but as a reflection of yours."
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cricket For This Useful Post:
rwsee (01-20-2016), Twokamprs (12-07-2015), wes reddick (10-23-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 105 Old 07-03-2014, 12:06 AM

View Joshua Barney's Photo Album My Photos
My name is Joshua Barney and I'm new to your forum and new to woodworking. I only use my iphone to use your forum and I have the app. I cannot seem to be able to figure out how to fill out my profile. I was able to add my picture, but I couldn't add any of my personal info. Everyone I've talked to on here so far has been very friendly and helpful and I was hoping someone could help me navigate my way through the process of creating my profile. Thanks for the help!

Sent from my iPhone using woodworkingtalk.com
The Following User Says Thank You to Joshua Barney For This Useful Post:
Twokamprs (12-07-2015)
post #3 of 105 Old 07-03-2014, 12:24 AM

View knotscott's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Barney View Post
My name is Joshua Barney and I'm new to your forum and new to woodworking. I only use my iphone to use your forum and I have the app. I cannot seem to be able to figure out how to fill out my profile. I was able to add my picture, but I couldn't add any of my personal info. Everyone I've talked to on here so far has been very friendly and helpful and I was hoping someone could help me navigate my way through the process of creating my profile. Thanks for the help!

Hi Joshua - If your phone app works the same as a PC, you just have to click on the "User CP" in the upper left hand corner of any page, then edit your details. If that doesn't work, I don't have any other suggestions other than to try it from a PC.
The Following User Says Thank You to knotscott For This Useful Post:
Twokamprs (12-07-2015)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 105 Old 07-03-2014, 12:35 AM
Wood Snob

View Al B Thayer's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Barney

I use the app too. It's limited in what you can do using it. If you want to do more setup just go to the regular site page. It can be complicated and I find the iPad app is much easier to use.

Al

The Following User Says Thank You to Al B Thayer For This Useful Post:
Twokamprs (12-07-2015)
post #5 of 105 Old 09-07-2014, 09:54 PM

View jonjonjon's Photo Album My Photos
I am looking to find real rough sawn cedar 2x4's. Everywhere I look I cannot find any 2x4' s that are actually measured to that size. I am working a project and need the actual size not any different. If anybody can help me out that would be much appreciated.
The Following User Says Thank You to jonjonjon For This Useful Post:
Twokamprs (12-07-2015)
post #6 of 105 Old 09-13-2014, 02:20 AM

View TimothyC72's Photo Album My Photos
Are You Lost? Ask A WoodworkingTalk Moderator

Is there an iPhone friendly app for this forum? Ok I see that there is an app. More specifically, is it the Tapatalk app? Please disregard I've figured it out. Thanks.

Last edited by TimothyC72; 09-13-2014 at 02:37 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to TimothyC72 For This Useful Post:
Twokamprs (12-07-2015)
post #7 of 105 Old 09-15-2014, 02:17 PM

View cjwinn's Photo Album My Photos
Question I am new to the forum and?

I am building a raised garden bed using sheet metal corners from gardener supply and red oak boards I have had in my garage for over 20 years (finally found a use for them!). I tried screwing the boards to the metal corners but the sheet metal screws that came with the corners will not go in. I tried drilling a hole through the board, but still cannot get the screws to go into the wood. Where can I get some help for this question?

Also one of my boards is 1/4th inch too thick. What is the best way for a non experience person to get rid of that extra thickness on the end of the board so that it will fit in the 1 and 1/2 inch wide slot?

Thanks for your help.
post #8 of 105 Old 10-23-2014, 01:09 PM

View wes reddick's Photo Album My Photos
are you lost?

I am new to this and Yes I'm a bit lost . .. can't seem to find how or where to post my 'introduction'.
Thanks for asking.

wes
post #9 of 105 Old 10-23-2014, 01:31 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

This is our introductions area.
http://www.woodworkingtalk.com/f3/

"Show respect even to people who donít deserve it, not as a reflection of their character, but as a reflection of yours."
post #10 of 105 Old 10-23-2014, 01:33 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimothyC72 View Post
Is there an iPhone friendly app for this forum? Ok I see that there is an app. More specifically, is it the Tapatalk app? Please disregard I've figured it out. Thanks.
I have an iPhone as well. You can find it in the app store by doing a search for Woodworking Talk.

post #11 of 105 Old 11-03-2014, 10:29 PM
Evolving shop

View jmay's Photo Album My Photos
Question Getting started...

I have questions about making a workbench. how do i get started
post #12 of 105 Old 11-03-2014, 11:19 PM
Wood Snob

View Al B Thayer's Photo Album My Photos
Your lost. You want to post this question under a woodworking topic.

If I was you, knowing what I know now. I would.....
decide what I wanted to primarily build with the bench.
do a google search on benches.
look at the search in images.
study up on the different types.
get a plan that has an easy to build bench.
build it after studying the plan for a few days.
figure the cost before you start. use hardwood.
buy the best vice you can afford. cheap ones suck.
build it and post pictures and ask questions here along the way.

Al

post #13 of 105 Old 11-16-2014, 04:09 PM

View Kevin Toney's Photo Album My Photos
It's great to join this site. I look forward to learning a lot from the folks here, (if I can learn to navigate the site!).
I'm a beginner, and will probably always consider myself a beginner. I live in southern Illinois and work as Director of Special Education for the local school district.
Now to figure out if I'm posting this in the correct place, how to edit my profile, and how to stay warm in the wood shop.
Thank you, folks!
post #14 of 105 Old 01-21-2015, 12:59 AM
sawdustsnifer

View sawdustsnifer's Photo Album My Photos
How do I find the threads I have posted

Hi there,
I have not used this forum much but am a member of a whole bunch of them for all kinds of stuff.
My question is how do I look up the threads I have started or the ones I have replied to?

thank you.
sawdust sniffer

PS: There are several forums I am a member of and many of the admin's are from Texas! You folks get around!

The saw dust sniffer: "The table saw always wins!"
post #15 of 105 Old 01-21-2015, 01:07 AM

View Steve Neul's Photo Album My Photos
Click on your name and a menu will come up. Then click on the fourth line down and it should give you your posts.
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steve Neul For This Useful Post:
Cricket (01-22-2015), sawdustsnifer (01-21-2015)
post #16 of 105 Old 01-22-2015, 07:45 PM

View gmcooter's Photo Album My Photos
I have registered and have my user name and password. The Posting Rules say I can not post new threads. What do I have to do to be able to post new threads?
post #17 of 105 Old 01-22-2015, 09:49 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcooter View Post
I have registered and have my user name and password. The Posting Rules say I can not post new threads. What do I have to do to be able to post new threads?
I am not sure why you can't start a new thread. Can you give me more information? Which forum or subforum were you unable to start a thread in?

post #18 of 105 Old 01-22-2015, 09:54 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

If you were trying to start a thread in this section (Getting Started With WoodworkingTalk) it would not have let you because only admins and moderators can start threads in this section.

The Following User Says Thank You to Cricket For This Useful Post:
JWG (01-26-2015)
post #19 of 105 Old 01-26-2015, 12:48 AM
Ole Woodworker

View BigJim's Photo Album My Photos
JWG, I am moving your post to your own thread so more people will see and give you some help.

http://www.diychatroom.com/
The Other
BigJim

If you do what you've always done, you will get what you've always got.
post #20 of 105 Old 06-07-2015, 03:43 PM

View bobseymour's Photo Album My Photos
Thanks for offering to help. I have never participated in a forum and am interested in asking how to insert pegs in hardwood flooring for an antique look. Please tell me how to post the question on the appropriate thread.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode