Where to Buy wood forum...state by state - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 4 Old 02-14-2016, 04:21 PM Thread Starter

View rinn69's Photo Album My Photos
Question Where to Buy wood forum...state by state

One of the reasons I joined this forum, was to connect with others and to find a somewhat local source for hardwoods. After lurking here for a month or so, I joined and am happy with the site.
After Googleing the terms: lumber, mill, sawmill, saw mill, hardwood, hardwood lumber, hardwood sawmill....well, you get the idea....I came up with a couple places, but nothing feasible. THEN, after seeing a post from someone fairly close to me. I asked him where he gets his and he graciously gave me a place that was close and had everything I wanted plus some extras...only an hour or so away !!! WOO HOO !!!
SO, with all that being said, could we have a forum (Local Wood Sources) with a state by state posting of places to buy wood ?? Not a regular forum, but an "Information ONLY" type...with web addresses, a brief description and the poster's opinion based on their personal experience on quality, availability, and prices..
This could really help new and current members looking for wood sources...mainly the new ones :-)
Thanks for the consideration
Mike

Mike
MSgt, USAF, Ret
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-14-2016, 04:55 PM

View Kansas Gary's Photo Album My Photos
Hey rinn69 check this site out. Is this what you might be looking for? http://www.woodfinder.com/
post #3 of 4 Old 02-14-2016, 06:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansas Gary View Post
Hey rinn69 check this site out. Is this what you might be looking for? http://www.woodfinder.com/

Just checked it and the place I was referred to, isn't on there....and they are about 70 miles away and have an actual list on their website on what they carry, sizes, grades, and BF prices.....most of the places the woodfinder pulled up have very generic or no info as to what they actually have.....I've spent no less than 2 hrs googleing for hardwood and they are few and far between, but with ONE referral from a person on here, I found a place that google didn't find. That's why I'd like to see a forum with real world / hands-on information from real customers who will give honest opinions and good info. Cant get that on a search engine.... ;-)

Mike
MSgt, USAF, Ret
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 02-29-2016, 07:16 PM Thread Starter

Do admin or moderators even look at this section ??

Mike
MSgt, USAF, Ret

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode