Who speaks fluent Italian? - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 4 Old 03-29-2008, 06:04 PM Thread Starter
Forgotten but not gone

View TexasTimbers's Photo Album My Photos
Who speaks fluent Italian?

If you do, I need to have a conference call with a customer and you and myself with you the monkey in the middle. While his english is 10 times better than my Italian, okay maybe 20 times better, there is still just some things I just can't understand about this order. And right when I think we have it ironed out I get an email that confuses me more than I was.

I have talked to him but he is very difficult to understand and does not know certain words that a southern boy needs to know for certain things. If someone here speaks fluent Italian, I mean you have to be fluent I can't chance any miscommunications, then boy do I have a deal for you! Please PM me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-29-2008, 07:07 PM

View stuart's Photo Album My Photos
sorry - I only speak english and gibberish french and spanish, TT.
post #3 of 4 Old 04-04-2008, 09:46 AM

Location: Amidst of 1000 acers of crawfish ponds under a 500 year old Oak grove. SW La
View Handyman's Photo Album My Photos
Send a message via AIM to Handyman
Texastimbers there is a web site out here somewhere you can type the words you want in and it will translate them for you. I am trying to find it, but it will take me longer than most due to my conection speed. 16.8 kbps

Found it http://babelfish.altavista.com/ good luck

Collector of Old Tools
Fixer of all things broke
Expert = Drip under pressure

Last edited by Handyman; 04-04-2008 at 09:53 AM. Reason: became smarter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 04-04-2008, 10:24 AM Thread Starter
Forgotten but not gone

View TexasTimbers's Photo Album My Photos
Yes thanks for the link I went down that road as well. In the end, we got this transaction figured out. It took a couple more phone calls but we waded through it. He is a real excitable, well a better word is enthusiastic; he is one of those Italians often stereotyped in movies, that lives life to the hilt and talks fast and is truly passionate about everything and in this case he us even more so about wood. I mean this guy is Mr. Wood! He travels full time globe-trotting and collecting it. Every species he can. He has a world renowned xyloteque (I didn't know what it was until i met him either. Fancy word for wood collection).

Italians apparently do not have the same terms for slabs, cookies, bookmatched long grain stump slabs etc. etc. as we do, and i sure as heck don't always use the "texbook" term so I wasn't helping either. But with both of us on our computers, and on the phone at the same time, "Okay this next picture I am gonna send right now . . . . click . . . is what I am referring to." . . . . "Okay Keveen! I gawt I gawt! Yes! Yes! Yes! This one too! Yes!"

As a sidenote, he was getting my emails in about 15 - 20 seconds after I would hit send. Not bad this internet stuff. When it works.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode