This Is A Warning!! - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 8 Old 03-07-2008, 04:00 PM Thread Starter
Old School

View cabinetman's Photo Album My Photos
This Is A Warning!!

Don't ever complain to a waiter/waitress while ordering food. LOML and I went out for pizza last night. Our initial service stunk and I had a few words with the waiter. I would bet he had a little package of something in his pocket because today I was on can call all day. As I type this, nobody can say I'm full of it.

Makes you wonder what really goes on when you're not looking.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 03-07-2008, 05:18 PM

View vinnyb76's Photo Album My Photos
a couple of weeks back a takeaway over here got into trouble for putting dried human faeces over their pizzas .
so you are right cabinetman it does make you wander.
post #3 of 8 Old 03-07-2008, 06:18 PM

View jpw23's Photo Album My Photos
Rule #1: never pizz off the person handling your food

Save a tree...eat a beaver!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 03-07-2008, 08:38 PM

View woodworks's Photo Album My Photos
It's an unwritten rule not to complain until after the meal is over. Then you make sure they can't remember you if you go back again another time.
post #5 of 8 Old 03-07-2008, 09:30 PM

View stuart's Photo Album My Photos
lots of time the food handler is passing the plate off to the person who did NOT waited on you to begin with.
California Pizza is a good example - they're are other places as well.
post #6 of 8 Old 03-07-2008, 10:16 PM
Forgotten but not gone

View TexasTimbers's Photo Album My Photos
I had a friend, one of the few I call friend and not buddy, who enjoyed sending stuff back. He looked for reasons to do it it seemed sometimes. He was OCD - textbook. For real. I won't go into it but at times no one could like the man but me and his mom. In fact

I used to beg him not to be so damn detailed and demanding with his ordering the meal (usually at IHOP) because he had a habit of getting on the bad side of our wait person right off the bat. I told him I didn't want the stuff happening to my food that was gonna happen to his. He'd always tell me I was paranoid. I'd tell him yea what else is new but you are OCD. He'd say the cook doesn't know that. I'd say the waiter knows the cook Chuck. The waiter is gonna tell what an ass you are. They will collude to taint your food, which don't bother me . . . . . . and mine, which does. Thing is he was the nicest guy you could meet except when he was your customer in a resturaunt.

He survived some harrowing experiences in Nam as a pilot, 1 crazy wife (real crazy) 1 succubus for a common law wife, 1 girlfriend who b-r-o-k-e his heart, a half dozen disastrous business ventures with yours truly (most of which he dragged ME into!), but passed away 2 years ago from a stroke after battling a rare, fast cancer. Probably no connection to sending stuff back, but why take the chance eh?

Fortunately he did find happiness the last couple years before he got sick, in his soulmate Gail (a gifted belly dancer to boot!).

I'm sorry I didn't mean to get on that story cabinetman but this post reminded me of him. I guess I just miss my friend. Quirks and all.

RIP Carl Hazard Richardson

"I'd like to introduce you all to my good friend of 12 years now . . . . Kevin of Bonham" . . ."Well thank you for that grand intro . . .Chuck of newport, Peoria, Atlanta, Phoenix, Sacramento, Little Elm, Frisco, Plano, Ft. Worth, and most recently of Dallas . . ." (laughter)
post #7 of 8 Old 03-08-2008, 01:35 PM

View Jack Brannon's Photo Album My Photos
Is that the 5th Special Force patch on yur post? The reason I ask is my brother was killed in Italy in WW11 as a member of The First Special Service Force, and I understand the 5th derived from that outfit. A tough bunch of boys.
post #8 of 8 Old 03-08-2008, 07:01 PM

View stuart's Photo Album My Photos
texas timbers.....that is one hell of a story.

I had friends like that.

since I'm a cook I kinda dig the food story biz.

Maybe you could have ordered an item and say to the waiter/waitress that selection was very good "last time." compliments to the cook/chef.

that way you leave your food out of it [the "go-back"] - lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode