Starting to dislike Knockdown Furniture - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 4 Old 12-04-2009, 06:45 AM Thread Starter

View garryswf's Photo Album My Photos
Starting to dislike Knockdown Furniture

OK guys here is another thread you can chalk up to getting up early and too much coffee.
I was working in the garage/shop yesterday on a project for a couple here in Ft. Myers and around 1:00pm the Fedex man stops in front of the house, first thing that came to mind was LOML ordered some ExMas stuff, and i was right. Then about twenty minutes later here comes the UPS guy, stops in front of the house and him and his helper carry two boxes up and set them in front of the garage door, one of them had a picture of a bar stool on it and was addressed to the daughter (she is moving into a condo today). Now i know what i am going to have to do with the box with the picture of the bar stool, put them together there goes 45 minutes plus in the end i'm guessing at least 3 Coors lights. But wait, they both go back to the little brown truck and grab another box that is at least 4'x2'x6" and set it with the box of bar stools in front of the garage door also. Well, they get back in there little brown truck and drive away leaving me with a project to finish and three boxes, which i know at least two are gonna require "some assembly". Well i was right and i was wrong, right that two of them required not some, but alot of assembly, and wrong that it was gonna be a 3 coors light and 45 minute assembly, and how the hell do you get three bar stools in a 18"x18"x18" box, WoW. Oh, the 4'x2'x6" box, that was a TV stand (also addressed to the daughter) made from the finest saw dust and wood grain shelf paper you have ever seen . The project i was working on was supposed too be done today, not gonna happen now .
Hope all of you have a nice day.

Last edited by garryswf; 12-04-2009 at 07:31 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-04-2009, 07:15 AM

View Just Bill's Photo Album My Photos
Since knockdown is a way to make the product cheaper, why would you expect it to be anything else???
post #3 of 4 Old 12-04-2009, 08:48 AM
red
Papa Red

View red's Photo Album My Photos
Have you walked into an IKEA? Sad.

Red

Red
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 12-04-2009, 09:18 AM Thread Starter

View garryswf's Photo Album My Photos
It's not mine

Red and Bill,
The knockdown furniture i spoke of was not mine, the daughter ordered it for her condo she just had it dropped off at our house. The LOML ordered a couple of pieces for our house 4 or 5 yrs. ago from pennys and i asked her "very nicely" to please not order anymore, you notice i said "very nicely" . Now for your other question, yes, i watched the show on tv about ikea , to be honest i would rather use orange crates, hey at jeast they are built to last. I'm hoping that when i get the garage/shop the way i want it i can make a few things for my wife and i, and the kids.
Have a nice day!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode