• 1 Post By Echo415
  • 1 Post By GeorgeC
  • 1 Post By Echo415
  • 2 Post By sunnybob
  • 2 Post By Steve Neul

post #1 of 8 Old 02-24-2019, 04:45 AM Thread Starter

View Echo415's Photo Album My Photos
Old threads in active topics

Is anyone else having this issue where occasionally an old thread suddenly shows up as an active topic despite it being several years since the last post? I didn't notice the date on one until after I posted...then immediately felt stupid for bringing the dead back to life.
35015 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 02-24-2019, 07:43 AM

View GeorgeC's Photo Album My Photos
What is wrong with bringing a "dead" thread back to life if there is new information to be added?

George
mjadams61 likes this.
post #3 of 8 Old 02-24-2019, 08:28 AM Thread Starter

View Echo415's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeC View Post
What is wrong with bringing a "dead" thread back to life if there is new information to be added?

George
It's not that...it's a thread that hasn't been touched for years suddenly showing as an active topic...
35015 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 02-24-2019, 10:10 AM

View sunnybob's Photo Album My Photos
Are you sure the last post was old? often someone new searches for a particular topic, finds it and posts on it, not realising it died 4 years previously. then someone else (like yourself) doesnt read the dates and zooom, of we go again.
mjadams61 and Jim Frye like this.

SunnyBob
my projects can be viewed here
http://www.pbase.com/john_cooper/bob...dwork_projects
post #5 of 8 Old 02-24-2019, 10:16 AM

View Steve Neul's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo415 View Post
Is anyone else having this issue where occasionally an old thread suddenly shows up as an active topic despite it being several years since the last post? I didn't notice the date on one until after I posted...then immediately felt stupid for bringing the dead back to life.
Don't feel bad, I did it myself this week. It doesn't matter, the old threads come back up because someone is interested in the topic. Perhaps others reading will benefit from what you posted.
mjadams61 and Kerrys like this.
post #6 of 8 Old 02-24-2019, 12:36 PM

View mjadams61's Photo Album My Photos
I always benefit from the older topics I come thru even if its been non active for awhile. Like kenbo topic nothing special on his fliptop bench like how well it is holding up right now after a few years.

Marlin
post #7 of 8 Old 02-24-2019, 02:33 PM

View FrankC's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Neul View Post
Don't feel bad, I did it myself this week. It doesn't matter, the old threads come back up because someone is interested in the topic. Perhaps others reading will benefit from what you posted.
At least you get the feeling the new poster did some research before bring up the old thread, if it helps then all is good.

What bothers me are the spammers that bring back threads connected to what they are promoting.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something -Plato

FrankC
http://sawdustmaking.com
http://woodworkerglossary.com
post #8 of 8 Old 02-24-2019, 03:58 PM

View Steve Neul's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankC View Post
At least you get the feeling the new poster did some research before bring up the old thread, if it helps then all is good.

What bothers me are the spammers that bring back threads connected to what they are promoting.
It can't be all icing, the old threads bring us new members. Unfortunately it brings us spamers too. Still I would trade all the new spamers for you know who that keeps coming back.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode