Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum (https://www.woodworkingtalk.com/forum.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.woodworkingtalk.com/f15/)
-   -   Lowe's $ucks (https://www.woodworkingtalk.com/f15/lowes-ucks-55932/)

sweet willy 10-05-2013 10:59 PM

Lowe's $ucks
 
I logged onto the Lowe's website today. I was looking for a new shop vac. When asked to type in my zip code for local prices, I did, and got an error message saying that Lowe's no longer supports Windows 7 and I need to upgrade my OS! What arrogance! :censored: And to make it worse, I don't have Windows 7, I'm using Windows XP!
Got my new shop vac at Walmart.

DannyT 10-05-2013 11:04 PM

whatever happened to you was not lowes but your pc. i just went there and I have windows 7. are you sure it didn't say that they didn't support internet explorer 7. a lot of websites update their pages and the new pages don't work well with the older versions of the browsers.

ryan50hrl 10-05-2013 11:12 PM

I have windows vista....and it worked for me.......I think its your computer.....

retfr8flyr 10-06-2013 12:23 AM

I do a lot of buying at Lowes but I think their web site is one of the worst, as far as searching goes. You can spend a long time just trying to find something, or they will not show they have it when you know they do. I hate their web site, if I am getting something on line I use Home Depot. I don't really like HD much but at least I can find what I am looking for on their site.

rrich 10-06-2013 12:44 AM

It's probably your security settings / program. Some sites make extensive use of cookies.

evolved 10-06-2013 05:02 AM

yea, it's something with your PC there bud... an operating system would have nothing to do with a webpage whatsoever... it's just the framework for your applications. as mentioned... it could be your browser... so it would be a good time to ditch internet explorer and go with something good like chrome or firefox.

Tilaran 10-06-2013 05:58 AM

No brainer. First Lowez Bloze, as does Winbloze. Walmart nearly single handedly destroyed mom and pops across the nation formerly known as USA thanks to the likes of YOU. I know. You saved $6.

bzguy 10-06-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tilaran (Post 526603)
No brainer. First Lowez Bloze, as does Winbloze. Walmart nearly single handedly destroyed mom and pops across the nation formerly known as USA thanks to the likes of YOU. I know. You saved $6.

AMEN TO THAT!
I have moved to another country thanks to Corporate America.
Remember the usurious company towns of history?
The entire country's become the United States of Walmart.
Walmart, HD and Lowes are now the parts and service centers for the junk they sell.
They keep nothing in stock, they're only interested in selling you another lemon, and a T-bone steak to go with it.
Whatever it is you do or make, their are CEO's and complicit Congressmen who are working hard to give your job to someone from Asia.
If people don't take a stand, they will all soon be wearing an apron with a Logo too.

reynoldston 10-06-2013 10:46 AM

As I see it around where I live Lowes is the only store that sell a good selection of top quality tools. I really can't see where you save any money from buying from them. Now before Lowes it was Sears. Nothing wrong with some competition.

bzguy 10-06-2013 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reynoldston (Post 526668)
As I see it around where I live Lowes is the only store that sell a good selection of top quality tools. I really can't see where you save any money from buying from them. Now before Lowes it was Sears. Nothing wrong with some competition.

Sears was one of the beginning of large retailers, but at least they didn't outsource labor and cut specs on materials in order to maximize profits for a choice few people who can't even tie their own shoes.
Craftsman tools were made in America and made to last as well.
I have no idea how old you are but perhaps you remember the now endangered or pretty much extinct locally owned and operated Hardware store?
You could buy quality tools, support you neighbors and American manufacturing jobs.

reynoldston 10-06-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bzguy (Post 526676)
Sears was one of the beginning of large retailers, but at least they didn't outsource labor and cut specs on materials in order to maximize profits for a choice few people who can't even tie their own shoes.
Craftsman tools were made in America and made to last as well.
I have no idea how old you are but perhaps you remember the now endangered or pretty much extinct locally owned and operated Hardware store?
You could buy quality tools, support you neighbors and American manufacturing jobs.

I have no problem with my American life. I am in my seventies I as I see it a lot better off them my grand and parents were. I can remember the days when Japan was junk so now its China. You just have to watch out what you are buying. Yes my farther owned one of them locally run stores and did OK for himself. This being said I have a wood shop full of tools and retired and love working with wood.

bzguy 10-06-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reynoldston (Post 526685)
I have no problem with my American life. I am in my seventies I as I see it a lot better off them my grand and parents were. I can remember the days when Japan was junk so now its China. You just have to watch out what you are buying. Yes my farther owned one of them locally run stores and did OK for himself. This being said I have a wood shop full of tools and retired and love working with wood.

So you've made it over the hump, congratulations, no sarcasm.
You still have to admit it's not the same place it was in your youth.
So if you're OK then everything's OK?
It's our kids and their kids that will pay the price for the greed of a few.
They have TV shows about ostensibly mentally ill "Hoarders" people with cluttered homes, too many cats, what real harm to these people do?
Don't you find it a little strange that people who hoard Billions while others starve get no bad press?
Hint.....they own the media.

jharris2 10-06-2013 01:54 PM

Soooo....

How 'bout this weather eh?

:)

mics_54 10-06-2013 03:00 PM

it wasn't lowes doing it.

ryan50hrl 10-06-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bzguy
So you've made it over the hump, congratulations, no sarcasm. You still have to admit it's not the same place it was in your youth. So if you're OK then everything's OK? It's our kids and their kids that will pay the price for the greed of a few. They have TV shows about ostensibly mentally ill "Hoarders" people with cluttered homes, too many cats, what real harm to these people do? Don't you find it a little strange that people who hoard Billions while others starve get no bad press? Hint.....they own the media.

And the world wasn't the same place for his parents than it was for their parents....the world changes....get over it and move on.

bzguy 10-06-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan50hrl (Post 526755)
And the world wasn't the same place for his parents than it was for their parents....the world changes....get over it and move on.

I did, the US will not ever see one cent of my money again.
Yes, the word changes, always for the worse thanks to I'm OK so everyone's OK deep thinkers.

sweet willy 10-06-2013 11:27 PM

Hey Bzguy. Mom and Pop stores had zero emplyees except for maybe a delivery boy who did not get paid (I used to be one) and worked for tips only. Walmart hires thousands of moms and pops, sons and daughters, aunts and uncles, etc. Get a life. And you are certainly welcome to stay out of the U.S.A. That's one of the other freedoms we have you know.

sweet willy 10-06-2013 11:37 PM

Hey Bzguy. Just read this:
"Although Belize has the second highest per capita income in Central America, the average income figure masks a huge income disparity between rich and poor. The 2010 Poverty Assessment shows that more than 4 out of 10 people live in poverty."
That's nearly 50% of the population. I'm betting you aint one of them poverty folks.

ryan50hrl 10-06-2013 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bzguy
I did, the US will not ever see one cent of my money again. Yes, the word changes, always for the worse thanks to I'm OK so everyone's OK deep thinkers.

The world always changes for the worse? Read a history book....I'd rather be alive today than the 1600's...

bzguy 10-07-2013 07:50 AM

Yikes, woodwork Tea-partiers.
A few thoughts, then I'm done with politics.
The Japanese were resented for totally different reasons than inferior manufacturing, they showed the US how to make cars again just recently.
At least the Moms and Pops didn't have to work at Walmart for minimum wage.
Factories were owned by Americans that employed Americans who made quality stuff until NAFTA.
History? Empires come and empires go, the Wall Street Royals have sold you out, the US train has left the station.
1,600's? It's all perspective, look at it from an American Indian's standpoint.
As for Belize's 3rd world unfortunates, I adopted 4.
Belize is fast becoming a destination for expats who see the headlight of the oncoming train at the end of the tunnel.
Back to woodworking either you get it or you don't, your or your kid's job is next.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:50 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome