Go Patriots! - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 27 Old 01-14-2014, 10:44 PM Thread Starter
The Old Fisherman

View w1pers's Photo Album My Photos
Go Patriots!

Since cheering for the Saints worked so well on this forum last week. ..I thought I would try a little reverse action this week....So.... GO PATRIOTS!!!! Hehehehehe

Rob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 Old 01-14-2014, 10:50 PM
SS user

View Gene Howe's Photo Album My Photos
I'm with ya all the way. In the same vein....GO 49ers.

Gene
The Patriot Woodworker

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton
post #3 of 27 Old 01-14-2014, 11:13 PM
crosseyed & dyslexic

View Crusader's Photo Album My Photos
I'm reversing the reverse Go Hawks!!

Last edited by Crusader; 06-23-2014 at 09:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 Old 01-14-2014, 11:41 PM
Old Methane Gas Cloud

View rrich's Photo Album My Photos
This is a terrible thing to say but it doesn't matter who wins as long as the Broncos lose.

Use the right tool for the job.

Rich (Tilting right)
Huntington Beach, California
Remember that when we have the "BIG ONE" everything east of the Rockies falls into the ocean.
post #5 of 27 Old 01-14-2014, 11:52 PM Thread Starter
The Old Fisherman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrich View Post
This is a terrible thing to say but it doesn't matter who wins as long as the Broncos lose.
Sounds like someone has been eating bad beans. (Old methane cloud?) Too bad the bolts didn't have enough charge to finish the game.

Rob
post #6 of 27 Old 01-15-2014, 03:43 AM

View yank's Photo Album My Photos
I am going with the Patriots also. They have been my team since inception, and my roots since I was born and raised in NE.

My father was my inspiration for woodworking, wish he was still around for more advice. Luv ya Dad.
post #7 of 27 Old 01-19-2014, 06:27 PM Thread Starter
The Old Fisherman

Sorry for the disappointment NE fans...but my reverse cheer worked!!! Broncos are going to the SUPER BOWL!!!!!! Can't wait to see who we will play.

Rob
post #8 of 27 Old 01-19-2014, 06:47 PM

View garryswf's Photo Album My Photos
Way to go broncos, glad to see the pats get spanked. Sorry NE fans I just couldn't help myself.
The Following User Says Thank You to garryswf For This Useful Post:
BigJim (01-20-2014)
post #9 of 27 Old 01-19-2014, 07:50 PM

I hate to say this, I have been a Patriots fan since their inception, [born and raised in NE,] but after the season that the Patriots had, I had my hopes up that they would be on top for this game, but they didn't bring their A game today. Obviously, the best team won. Maybe next year.

My father was my inspiration for woodworking, wish he was still around for more advice. Luv ya Dad.
post #10 of 27 Old 01-19-2014, 09:30 PM
Old Methane Gas Cloud

View rrich's Photo Album My Photos
Boo Hoo ! ! !

Use the right tool for the job.

Rich (Tilting right)
Huntington Beach, California
Remember that when we have the "BIG ONE" everything east of the Rockies falls into the ocean.
post #11 of 27 Old 01-19-2014, 09:53 PM

View mike1950's Photo Album My Photos
How bout dim Hawks!!!!!!!!!!!!

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is." Albert Einstein
post #12 of 27 Old 01-19-2014, 09:58 PM
ACP

View ACP's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1950 View Post
How bout dim Hawks!!!!!!!!!!!!
You stay classy Richard Sherman.
post #13 of 27 Old 01-19-2014, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
The Old Fisherman

Quote:
Originally Posted by yank View Post
I hate to say this, I have been a Patriots fan since their inception, [born and raised in NE,] but after the season that the Patriots had, I had my hopes up that they would be on top for this game, but they didn't bring their A game today. Obviously, the best team won. Maybe next year.
Honestly, Brady doesn't have the weapons he used to have, but still a scary guy to play against. Man that guy can throw the ball. Too bad he just didn't have the receivers. Maybe next year...

Rob
post #14 of 27 Old 01-19-2014, 11:58 PM
crosseyed & dyslexic

View Crusader's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACP View Post
I'll say this about that comment. I live here and I listen to a lot of sport radio, KJR has been playing interviews from a San Fran radio station and the 49'ers have done nothing but talk smack about the Hawks. I bet there was some serious bs smack talk going back and forth during the game.
Everyone knows Sherman has a big mouth and I'm sure the emotions of the game and the bad blood between the 2 teams had something to do with the fact that he stated the obvious, Crabtree sucks, and Peckerneck can go play with all his gang banging wannabees, cause they're going home and

Last edited by Crusader; 06-23-2014 at 09:01 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Crusader For This Useful Post:
sawdustfactory (01-20-2014)
post #15 of 27 Old 01-20-2014, 06:44 AM
ACP

View ACP's Photo Album My Photos
I have no love for the Niners. I think Capernick looks and acts like a thug. I have no horse in this Super Bowl. All that being said, Sherman's actions were classless and a horrible example of sportsmanship for anyone watching that game. I have no doubt that there's hatred there, but I wish the players were a little more classy in victory and humble in defeat.

That being said, I do like the Seahawks a lot. I like their quarterback, I love how the running back fights for yards. They just have a few players like Tate and Sherman who could stand some humility.
post #16 of 27 Old 01-20-2014, 08:48 AM

View mike1950's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACP View Post
Sorry- did not understand the comment- did not watch the game.
Just amazed after so many years that they finally made it to the big game- probably will not watch it either........ sorry if my comment?? ruffled feathers.......

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is." Albert Einstein
post #17 of 27 Old 01-20-2014, 07:39 PM

I'll go with the Bronco's in the Superbowl. Manning and team will be hard to beat, and after Sherman's classless act, nuff said.

post #18 of 27 Old 01-21-2014, 05:44 PM

View CaptainMarvel's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by w1pers View Post
Sorry for the disappointment NE fans...but my reverse cheer worked!!! Broncos are going to the SUPER BOWL!!!!!! Can't wait to see who we will play.
Yah, and I can't wait to see the Seahawks TROUNCE the ponies and send Peyton and Welker home crying.

TOM

Understanding that you may not see success instantly, but that all your good decisions add up to a cumulative success over time is what separates those who "get there" and those who don't. Every day you either get further away from your goals, or closer to them . . . Its up to YOU."
post #19 of 27 Old 01-21-2014, 05:48 PM

View CaptainMarvel's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by yank View Post
Remember, several of their best players/starters were injured for most of the season .... and they STILL got to the AFC Championship game.

Manning had the benefit of a mostly healthy team.

If Wilfork and Gronk are healthy for the whole season next year - and with whatever (hopefully SMART) acquisitions Kraft and Belichick get in the off-season
- look for an even BETTER 2014 Patriots Team !!!

For now . . . . GO SEAHAWKS !!!

TOM

Understanding that you may not see success instantly, but that all your good decisions add up to a cumulative success over time is what separates those who "get there" and those who don't. Every day you either get further away from your goals, or closer to them . . . Its up to YOU."
post #20 of 27 Old 01-21-2014, 05:55 PM
Alan Sweet

View Alan Sweet's Photo Album My Photos
I think the Broncos -Patriots game was a good well fought game between two very good professional teams.

I think the 49ers-Hawks game was one of the sloppiest games I have ever seen played by two professional teams. In addition to the sub par play, the officiating was horrible. I thought this game should have been played under the lights on some Friday night.

I have no skin in either game, I'm a Redskins fan and they did not even get to the playoffs.
The Following User Says Thank You to Alan Sweet For This Useful Post:
CaptainMarvel (01-21-2014)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode